What ceramic coating or even wax would recommend for ultimate finish on black performante.

What ceramic coating / wax / sealant for ultimate finish which I can apply myself at home which is easy used. Paintwork will be fully machined & corrected by my myself. Just after being fully serviced so want exterior now looking it’s very best. Best regards

Attachments

• C9C707E5-1225-4241-AB60-F8EC40BA7FFD.jpeg
    C9C707E5-1225-4241-AB60-F8EC40BA7FFD.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 7CECB292-C40A-4A7E-A302-8C5FA4257A69.jpeg
    7CECB292-C40A-4A7E-A302-8C5FA4257A69.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DA2E887D-ACBD-4617-97E0-42B7E587B317.jpeg
    DA2E887D-ACBD-4617-97E0-42B7E587B317.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 636396EB-3580-4CC8-8BA6-E80ADE9989B9.jpeg
    636396EB-3580-4CC8-8BA6-E80ADE9989B9.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Are you correcting it yourself?
How do you wash the car and how often?
Are you planning to have PPF applied?

There are plenty of long-lasting consumer grade coatings available but if you're paying to have it corrected the shop will most likely have a pro grade coating available with good durability and possibly a warranty.

We can argue waxes/sealants/ceramics all day but a real coating will look great, last the longest, and provide the best protection.

The bottom line is that Griots 3 in 1 ceramic lasts as long as the very best products available, and is silly easy to use. It also provides a stunning gloss. A number of tests show it outperforming top names over a long period of time. I use it on everything. Again, quite simply it's so easy, and the results are so good, why use anything else? Interestingly, it also provides excellent brake dust protection on wheels.

The only product that I've found with possibly a deeper gloss is Griots "best in show" wax. However, that product does not last as long, nor is it as easy.

There are plenty of foo-foo products out there. I've not found one of them able to match this:
Hint: this guy puts gasoline, automatic transmission fluid and just about every cleaner available on the panel before it starts to weaken. Even then the gloss is higher than when he started!

The bottom line is that Griots 3 in 1 ceramic lasts as long as the very best products available, and is silly easy to use. It also provides a stunning gloss. A number of tests show it outperforming top names over a long period of time. I use it on everything. Again, quite simply it's so easy, and the results are so good, why use anything else? Interestingly, it also provides excellent brake dust protection on wheels.

The only product that I've found with possibly a deeper gloss is Griots "best in show" wax. However, that product does not last as long, nor is it as easy.

There are plenty of foo-foo products out there. I've not found one of them able to match this:
Hint: this guy puts gasoline, automatic transmission fluid and just about every cleaner available on the panel before it starts to weaken. Even then the gloss is higher than when he started!

It's great but it still a spray-on product. It's probably my favorite spray-on product, plenty of my customers get it, and when I'm asked "what should I use?" it is what I recommend, but...

A true ceramic coating is more or less permanent. I coated my wife's car and will not need to apply anything else to it for years. At most I may use a detail spray as a drying aid to minimize marring.

Coatings are not for everyone and I can appreciate that not every sees the benefit, but that does mean that the benefits do not exist.

Have you applied coatings before? What is your budget?

I have heard a lot of good things about Gyeon Can Coat. This would be a good option for someone with little or no experience. On the other side of the spectrum would be something like a coating from Kamikaze. Their Miyabi coat is highly regarded.

Esoteric sells both and they have a extensive You Tube channel too.

It's great but it still a spray-on product. It's probably my favorite spray-on product, plenty of my customers get it, and when I'm asked "what should I use?" it is what I recommend, but...

A true ceramic coating is more or less permanent. I coated my wife's car and will not need to apply anything else to it for years. At most I may use a detail spray as a drying aid to minimize marring.

Coatings are not for everyone and I can appreciate that not every sees the benefit, but that does mean that the benefits do not exist.
RVW, are you now detailing full time? If so, show us more of your work. ;)(y)

Have you applied coatings before? What is your budget?

I have heard a lot of good things about Gyeon Can Coat. This would be a good option for someone with little or no experience. On the other side of the spectrum would be something like a coating from Kamikaze. Their Miyabi coat is highly regarded.

Esoteric sells both and they have a extensive You Tube channel too.

Few have recommended feynlab ceramic v2 which I’ve been told from anyone used it that it’s very easy to apply , only cost required , extremely durable & leaves a superb glossy finish . Yes I’ve experience with ceramics

Attachments

• 0282586C-7531-4732-854E-B632D0BF8534.jpeg
    0282586C-7531-4732-854E-B632D0BF8534.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If you plan on polishing once a year or even every other year, something like Gyeon Can Coat or Optimum Gloss Coat would be my choice. Both will last a year or more and very easy to use.

If you plan on polishing once a year or even every other year, something like Gyeon Can Coat or Optimum Gloss Coat would be my choice. Both will last a year or more and very easy to use.
Can coat I’ve used before & it doesn’t last 6 months in real world conditions .Good beading but average otherwise .

The Griot's Ceramic Spray mentioned up above is very good and I'm quite fond of Adam's Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating.

I have used it on paint, wheel wells, suspension, floor mats, pretty much eveywhere.

Can coat I’ve used before & it doesn’t last 6 months in real world conditions .Good beading but average otherwise .
Interesting because I've heard the opposite with some getting over a year, but most likely in ideal environments.

Beginners friendly coating is cquartz lite, you can smear it on plastic too. Big bottle.
They claim 6+ months durability, I'm already beyond that, no signs of death. Full-size pH resistance. 2+ layers on plastic for dark black effect, no wipe.
Do not apply in cold weather or extreme heat.
Carpro has more advanced coatings, but not beginner friendly.. lite already blows my expectations.

I tried few spray sealants, can be killed by non neutral pH snow foam. Short lifespan.

Last edited:
Back