What brands of engine oil are American?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, does this mean it's now more "PC" to buy Arco oil?

last time I checked terrorists weren't making synthetics
banana.gif

but wait, don't those Canadian terrorists have a big hydrocracking plant in the great white north?
dunno.gif

Thanks Lonnie I saved that link. I couldnt find their prices on 5w30 so I emailed them about it.

Well they contacted me with the prices and a gallon of 5w30 RL1 is a little over $30. Thats over $7.50 per qt so I dont plan to use them.

Quote:

Quote:

i buy chevron gas but you know im sort of stuck, i would pay a premium for North American gas. im just tired of giving money away to the wrong type of people.

Quote:

Ive been using chevron but felt bad about buying foreign oil so I switched to valero/diamond shamrock since I couldnt find anything that shows they too buy foreign oil. If someone knows that they do however then please tell me.

If you want to know where your gasoline stocks come from and which companies are importing from where, read the info at this link.
Where does the oil come from?

Penzoil Quakerstate looks like the best since they only import from canada primarily and a little from japan. I'd rather buy oil from those countries than from S.A. or Ven if I cant find US oil for a good price.

Is brad penn oil expensive like the RL1 or is it priced good? Im not seeing their prices on their site.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i buy chevron gas but you know im sort of stuck, i would pay a premium for North American gas. im just tired of giving money away to the wrong type of people.

Quote:

Ive been using chevron but felt bad about buying foreign oil so I switched to valero/diamond shamrock since I couldnt find anything that shows they too buy foreign oil. If someone knows that they do however then please tell me.

If you want to know where your gasoline stocks come from and which companies are importing from where, read the info at this link.
Where does the oil come from?

Penzoil Quakerstate looks like the best since they only import from canada primarily and a little from japan. I'd rather buy oil from those countries than from S.A. or Ven if I cant find US oil for a good price.

Is brad penn oil expensive like the RL1 or is it priced good? Im not seeing their prices on their site.

Brad Penn is nowhere near as expensive as RLI.

And where do you get it that Pennzoil and Quakerstate import from Canada? Look at the figures for Motiva. That's Shell's refinery company and 79% of their crude comes from the Persian Gulf.

Thanks for that link rriddle3. Some good information. Middle Eastern oil is bad and most of us are suspicious as to where the money really goes. But I'm not too happy with the Venezuelan imports either considering who they elected president. Too bad we have to import anything. Maybe someday.
grin.gif

Recycled oil should count as domestically made. And if you want to really stop sending $ to terrorists, grow poppies and make your own opium.

ok, if the american oil companies arent even concerned about "keeping it american" why should you???? the patriotic game is one pushed by corporations, but only followed through by civilians. i really dont get it

what about Cenex? last time I was in their store they had a product line of oils and grease. My bud works at their refinery from time to time and it's in Montana?

Does Brad Penn Oil also employ only American workers? Does Brad Penn Oil's suppliers also use only American born workers? You never know who might be making a living at that company that could be foreign or something

Quote:

Thanks for telling me different about conoco because I sure didnt know that.

You can see individual listings for Valero's refineries here: http://www.valero.com/AboutUs/Refineries/default.htm
After briefly viewing each one, I could see no mention that any of these operations was specifically limited to domestic oil and several stating they process both domestic and foreign oil. If I missed something, I'm sure someone will tell me.

Under the Paulsboro listing http://www.valero.com/AboutUs/Refineries/Paulsboro.htm I found this: "It also produces a variety of lube oil base stocks that are sold to the adjacent ExxonMobil finished lube blending and packaging plant as well as to other purchasers under the ValPar brand." I found that interesting.

GrtArtiste

Quote:

We use way more gasoline than motor oil.

A shot in the Bulls-Eye!

From a 42 gallon barrel of crude oil, only 1/2 a gallon is used for lubricant production (includes greases).

Other major uses:

19.5 gals - Gasoline
9.2 gals - Diesel/Home Heating Oil
4.1 gals - Jet Fuel/Kerosene Distillates

http://www.jobbersworld.com/ResourceRoom/RM-HowMuch.htm

While this "quest" for a fully US produced engine oil has honorable intentions, it ultimately has little impact on foreign oil dependency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back