What Are Your Most Favorite Maintenance Tools?

Of all the auto "tools" I have there are two items I use and wonder how I ever "lived" without them.

1. Lisle Coolant Change Kit

2. MotivX Oil Funnel

What "tools" have you discovered and swear by?

Of all the auto "tools" I have there are two items I use and wonder how I ever "lived" without them.

1. Lisle Coolant Change Kit

2. MotivX Oil Funnel

What "tools" have you discovered and swear by?

One of these:

1644079232496.jpg

I used this invaluable tool this week when the drivers side window regulator cable in my Chevy truck broke. Called my father and son shop and they had me out the door with a new regulator assembly with new motor in 90 minutes for $200 parts and labor. At 70 I don’t crawl, get up and down or work well on my knees any longer. I did notice they had a neat little squeeze bulb with a small bladder on the end they inserted between the door and door glass to separate the trim and hold the window in the up position. (y)

I use Vise Grips mostly to "enhance" other tools. The last time I used them was to clamp onto a small breaker bar to assist me on a repair on my friend's Odyssey to give me leverage in a very tight space. Worked like a charm!

A rag to dry my tears . When working on machinery I some times cry for 2 hours before I start the work.
An oil change takes me 2 and a half hours 2:15 minutes of crying and 15 minutes to change the oil. Some times there is another hour added for after the oil change crying.

A rag to dry my tears . When working on machinery I some times cry for 2 hours before I start the work.

An oil change takes me 2 and a half hours 2:15 minutes of crying and 15 minutes to change the oil. Some times there is another hour added for after the oil change crying.
You're doing it all wrong! Instead of crying, visit the small refrigerator in the garage (to help you prepare for the work). Sometimes I never get past the prep stage and just put off the actual work till the next day...

Back