What are you working on today?

Friday
1982 Ford F-150
Replaced front brake rotors, wheel bearings, pads calipers and hoses, replaced rear brake hose, cleaned and adjusted rear brakes. Changed oil

2008 Jeep Wrangler
Replaced spark plugs and changed oil

Our camper has seen use 1 trip in 4 years. Outside of that it was used for many hundred days as an office while I had to work from home. We are giving it to a family member tomorrow, so the week has been spent getting it ready for interstate travel. I’m glad for the right call, but super sad to see it go. “One last dance” down I-65. They will probably use it weekly, which is awesome.

had to repair the breakaway switch, tidy up minor electrical, replace a few rotten hold-down straps, and cross my fingers that the tires will hold 65 psi (they’ve held it for a week). Also had to pull it out of my driveway early since we have neighbors parking on the street now, and it’s tight. I’m looking forward to the drive. It’s been a while since I’ve heard the 2.7 eco do real work.

Got the kitchen sink and all the plumbing except the vent out the roof, that'll be a future me problem. Remember to open some doors/windows when dealing with glue.. have quite the headache 😂

AB58251A-DA48-41FB-91CE-95872A1211EF.jpeg

Got the kitchen sink and all the plumbing except the vent out the roof, that'll be a future me problem. Remember to open some doors/windows when dealing with glue.. have quite the headache 😂

View attachment 136604

I had that adventure several months ago installing my sink. Had to convert the existing "S" trap style to a regular "P" trap with an add a vent due to "S" traps being illegal. The cleaner and glue fumes were pretty obnoxious. I will not be including pictures of my science experiment plumbing. :ROFLMAO:

Use a cheater vent.
I hate those things. It's already at the roof just have to punch it through.
I had that adventure several months ago installing my sink. Had to convert the existing "S" trap style to a regular "P" trap with an add a vent due to "S" traps being illegal. The cleaner and glue fumes were pretty obnoxious. I will not be including pictures of my science experiment plumbing. :ROFLMAO:
That's all our house had at one time. Spent a lot of time properly venting.. well I think proper. No more gurgling! I won't be taking a up close picture of this for sure 😂 . This one is more difficult since I had to loop it back underneath and tie into the vent pipe. Hard to line everything for someone that only works with pipes every 5 years.

Dishwasher and garbage disposal is all hooked up. Just put a switch on the inside of the cabinet for the disposal, just to open the door don't know long term if that'll be sufficient. Going to be odd for a while having a dishwasher, never had one before. Gma has always had one which I always thought was strange, thinking gma told gpa to do the dang dishes and gpa said no in his own words then gma said fine we're getting a dishwasher or else 😂

43C87842-7A75-49CB-989F-9856A295D509.jpeg

Dishwasher and garbage disposal is all hooked up. Just put a switch on the inside of the cabinet for the disposal, just to open the door don't know long term if that'll be sufficient. Going to be odd for a while having a dishwasher, never had one before. Gma has always had one which I always thought was strange, thinking gma told gpa to do the dang dishes and gpa said no in his own words then gma said fine we're getting a dishwasher or else 😂

View attachment 136763
i often wash dishes at a particular host’s house when we have this gathering of about 15 people. Her disposal switch is behind the door under the sink. It’s never been an issue for me to use it down there. You may find it’s fine.

View attachment 136763

Dishwashers actually use less water than hand washing typically. That's important for where I live having a 57 year old septic system and field. Typically use the quick wash setting the most. Use quality detergent pods (such as Cascasde) and get the loose particles off first, but you can leave most residue on there as long as it isn't "chunky". Works for me.

Being depressed that the Camry puffed a little blue smoke for half a second or so when I cold started it today 🥺

She ain't no spring chicken anymore at 195k

Maybe I'll put a can of Motor Oil Saver/Mos² in the next oil change
I guess I could change the PCV valve again, but that seems a waste of money
Every time I use Mobil 1 oil filters, cold starts are hella dry and loud
910s has a better drain back valve IMO
Also, are you supposed to do an oil change after using Redline SI-1?
Has it contaminated the oil?
I didn't really read the instructions 😳

Last edited:
First had a no start on our Trackmobile rail car mover. Gonna need a starter and a set of batteries. It wasn’t plugged in and our wonderful operator cranked and cranked until it wouldn’t do anything. I am usually called on to troubleshoot this machine as I nearly rebuilt it when we bought it. Every inch of wiring and components is new, updated the train air to modern standards, went through a lot of the hydraulics, etc.

Next had a dock bumper bracket ripped off at one of our production facilities, had to grind all the previous weld attempts off and start fresh.

Last had to revive a Bobcat 753 that was left for dead a couple years ago. The 763 lost the water pump on a nearly new engine (hours wise) and just kept driving until she wouldn’t run anymore. Got a compression skip when cranking, won’t hit on starting fluid and all cylinders are down around 100 psi where they should be closer to 400. Gonna try to make one good machine between the 753 and 763.

BE295D92-4780-48F3-BEFC-382D402B856C.jpeg

Tuesday
1987 Chevrolet S10
Replaced front brake rotors, pads, calipers and hoses, repacked front wheel bearings, changed oil

2007 Toyota Sienna
Replaced front brake rotors and pads

Back