What are you working on today?

Changed the oil on the Mack today and got it all greased up. Also had a couple cracks in the subframe for the cylinder mount so I ground them out and repaired them and shot some new paint over it. That gallon of Schaeffer 132 in the engine oil really makes things a slippery mess when you go to drain it. The stuff literally sticks to you.

Tonight we went and looked at a fence clearing job that will start tomorrow. I’ll move what I can with the skidsteer, grapple, and tree puller tomorrow and move the track loader in to finish what little the skidsteer won’t be able to do.
View attachment 137648
You mentioned the slippery feeling if the 132, I've noticed the same thing with Swepco 306 oil. When I check the oil in my truck, even after 7000 miles if any gets on my fingers it's difficult to just wipe away with a rag. Very slick.

Changed the oil on the Mack today and got it all greased up. Also had a couple cracks in the subframe for the cylinder mount so I ground them out and repaired them and shot some new paint over it. That gallon of Schaeffer 132 in the engine oil really makes things a slippery mess when you go to drain it. The stuff literally sticks to you.

Tonight we went and looked at a fence clearing job that will start tomorrow. I’ll move what I can with the skidsteer, grapple, and tree puller tomorrow and move the track loader in to finish what little the skidsteer won’t be able to do.
View attachment 137648
Your welds look immaculate.

Kinda amazing

Going to be two years in this house in a few months

I finally arranged my clothing closet. I’m retired so no hurry to get dressed haha haha I have been living out of bags boxes shelves meh a real pain

NOW super organized- oddly a good sense of accomplishment. I did it nicely by clothing type with plenty of room for hanging items plus nice bins and no dresser with drawers. A simple thing for a simple human.

No I couldn’t talk the wife into doing it haha haha and I am donating a bunch of good clothes

Last edited:
Cleaned. Cleaned out the corner in the basement, cleaned some stuff in the garage, threw out a bunch of scrap materials (“spare parts”) left over from previous projects. We‘ve been talking about moving for 5 years…. and we are realizing that we need to lighten the load and start straightening up the house and the property - make things right, before doing so. It’s another step forward.

im gonna have to get rid of a lot more….

…. And noted that the f150 is shifting funny into 2nd when cold. It missed second with a long neutralish feeling flare a few times last week when pulling the camper. It’s been delaying shifts to much higher rpm’s this week, and then trying to gently soften the engagement on the upshift. It’s a rather new behavior. I’m not sure what’s up. it’s fine when warm.

Last edited:
Fixed the headlight washers on my Passat. Replaced right side pressure cylinder and the hose wans't hooked to the pump with the o-ring in place. Works now...had to prime it a bit though as it seems to favor the left side so held that one down to get the right side to go. Works perfect now.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I can take any one hour job and turn it into a 2 hour job over 2 days.

I finally got the clamps and lube to take care of the 'Ford Slip Yoke Bump' that pretty much any Ford vehicle with a 2 piece driveshaft gets over time. The first time I did the job (a few years back), I noted that the middle slip yoke is keyed, which is nice so you don't have to pay super close attention when you put it back together, so I thought.

Yep, they're keyed alright, but they can still be flipped 180 degrees out from each other. So while you don't have to pay super close attention, you should probably still make a mark on the boot and shaft so you don't put them back together 180 degrees out from each other.

Guess what I managed to do.

Luckily, when I bought the boot clamps, I bought 10 of them, so back under the truck, the next day, I go to fix the screw up.

The vibration from being out like that wasn't terrible, between 40-55 mph it was more of a very slight grumble, but normally my tuck is completely vibration free, so I noticed it immediately.

Ohh well...

And yes, I know Ford calls the 4 driveshaft bolts a disposable part and you're supposed to use new ones. Likely because the threadlock they put on them really should be replaced. They're not TTY, so cleaning them up on a wire wheel and reapplying some threadlock will do the job just fine.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I can take any one hour job and turn it into a 2 hour job over 2 days.

I finally got the clamps and lube to take care of the 'Ford Slip Yoke Bump' that pretty much any Ford vehicle with a 2 piece driveshaft gets over time. The first time I did the job (a few years back), I noted that the middle slip yoke is keyed, which is nice so you don't have to pay super close attention when you put it back together, so I thought.

Yep, they're keyed alright, but they can still be flipped 180 degrees out from each other. So while you don't have to pay super close attention, you should probably still make a mark on the boot and shaft so you don't put them back together 180 degrees out from each other.

Guess what I managed to do.

Luckily, when I bought the boot clamps, I bought 10 of them, so back under the truck, the next day, I go to fix the screw up.

The vibration from being out like that wasn't terrible, between 40-55 mph it was more of a very slight grumble, but normally my tuck is completely vibration free, so I noticed it immediately.

Ohh well...

And yes, I know Ford calls the 4 driveshaft bolts a disposable part and you're supposed to use new ones. Likely because the threadlock they put on them really should be replaced. They're not TTY, so cleaning them up on a wire wheel and reapplying some threadlock will do the job just fine.
Pfft, amateur! I can take a one-hour job and somehow make it take 8 hours per day for two consecutive days. I win.

And yeah, never understood Ford's insistence those bolts should be replaced. I've never replaced them and I cut my teeth on OBS Fords

This morning I repaired/replaced the crank sensor plug on a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe with a 5.3. also swapped out the crank sensor itself while I was there. After lunch I have an 04 Tahoe to replace a right front wheel hub on, as well as front pads/rotors and an oil change.

2021 Dodge Journey with 50k on it. Replaced oil pan with OEM and IEM drain plug. Thanks to the iffy lube once again for rounding the plug right off. The Pennzoil filter is made in China also.

Put 5w30 in and Auto Extra “made in Mexico” 618-57060 on

Filling bags with old clothes - after that I’m going to put a blue flame heater in the utility room that adjoins my home office - it’s not primary - but backup heat …

Got the 04 Tahoe buttoned up, then diagnosed an 03 trailblazer with a faulty throttle body assembly. New one coming tomorrow.

Back