What are you working on today?

Worked at my friends shop again today. Replaced front brake pads and changed the oil on an 09 Pontiac G6, then helped him pull a rear end out of one of his work vans.

Changed the oil on a 2012 Equinox this morning. Spent the rest of the day helping to put a junkyard rear end under an Econoline work van.

Today I replace the positive battery terminal on my Kubota diesel tractor. The cable had broken clean off the terminal. Parts are on order from Kubota for complete replacement cable but that will take weeks so I repaired it with this zinc terminal from O’Reilly for $4.99

IMG_5933.jpg

Just cut off the insulation then cleaned the wire down to bare wire and clamped it to the new connector.

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg
IMG_5955.jpg

Where the end of the copper wire protrudes fom the zinc clamp, I added some drops of Tiger Bond adhesive over both surfaces to lessen the likelihood the cable backs out even if the clamp loosens over time. Tiger Bond is very strong and will bond dissimilar metals.

I even reused the Kubota rubber boot over the new terminal.
IMG_5956.jpg

Tractor starts and runs fine now. The repair should hold me until the new Kubota cable arrives, or maybe forever.

Got a free lawn mower off the curb, Toro Self Pace, Briggs 190cc. Oil change, 30w Super Tech lawn mower oil (I kept hearing don't over-think this...), cleaned the air filter, new Champion plug. Needs the wheel height adjust at the front right re-attached as the frame is broke out around where the front bolt goes through, a hole drilled above that should do.

The rear side where the adjuster is mounted was good and it was able to do a test pass across the lawn, self propelled worked and the motor runs good. Also noticed how quiet it sounds, having once had the Kohler XT7 on a Husqvarna, I wore ear plugs with that one.
20211002_155258.jpg

Got a free lawn mower off the curb, Toro Self Pace, Briggs 190cc. Oil change, 30w Super Tech lawn mower oil (I kept hearing don't over-think this...), cleaned the air filter, new Champion plug. Needs the wheel height adjust at the front right re-attached as the frame is broke out around where the front bolt goes through, a hole drilled above that should do.

The rear side where the adjuster is mounted was good and it was able to do a test pass across the lawn, self propelled worked and the motor runs good. Also noticed how quiet it sounds, having once had the Kohler XT7 on a Husqvarna, I wore ear plugs with that one.
View attachment 73316
Good pick up. This is same one I have and love it. Two oil changes with ST synthetic and starter coil replaced so far in last ten years of ownership. Probably will change air filter and spark plug next spring. Starts within a couple of pulls every time.
Yesterday, changed wife's MDX seasonal tire to winters and wash/wax with TW Ceramic hybrid spray plus interior detailing.
Today, wash/wax son's Focus with TW S&S plus interior detailing. Still debating which TW I like better.

Good pick up. This is same one I have and love it. Two oil changes with ST synthetic and starter coil replaced so far in last ten years of ownership. Probably will change air filter and spark plug next spring. Starts within a couple of pulls every time.
Yesterday, changed wife's MDX seasonal tire to winters and wash/wax with TW Ceramic hybrid spray plus interior detailing.
Today, wash/wax son's Focus with TW S&S plus interior detailing. Still debating which TW I like better.
Really like it too, seems the reviews are split but for me does well, though I've only tested it twice, which today's accomplishment was securing that wheel mount. I tried to show the other side and the broken piece in the photo shown, I'll attach the other photo as some details might be clearer, -'another don't over-think it' moment, just drill the hole. Use a vise grip to hold it in place to drill the hole. The back bolt has an extra brace so I don't think that one will ever be a problem. Took a couple of extra pulls to start as it probably flooded a bit tipped on it's side.

Self pace seems to agree with me, at first I thought I might not like the rear wheel drive, this set-up works for me, except the handle to keep the motor running seems a little awkward for some mowing situations, probably going to test using a strap wrench to keep it on while I'm mowing, did this with the other Yardman and it makes continuing easier after any interruption.
20211004_190247.jpg

Attachments

• 20211004_190228.jpg
    20211004_190228.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4
Got the water pump replaced on the 69 Ford, but it also needs a new harmonic balancer. Wont have that until tomorrow. Replaced a cooling fan module on a 2009 Ford Edge this afternoon, and an idler pulley and belt on an 07 ram.

Back