What are you working on today?

Changed oil on a couple of my friends lawn mowers today. Sharpened the blades on one, replaced them on the other. Both a Craftsman YTS 3000 with the 21 hp B&S engine.

I wish you lived by me. Nice!

Thanks. I figured it deserved a good wax after a summer of beach riding. I decided to wax the insides of the doors, the roll bar and the door sills, so I figured it would be a long day. Cranked up some Molly Hatchett Greatest Hits on iTunes, grabbed a 6 pack of Miller Lite then went to work. Didn't even get to finish the 6 pack! ;)

The Tundra in the background though works the crap out of me to keep the paint looking good. I can't keep black streaks off the paint. Unfortunately it does have to sit outside in the sun and rain, so I guess that is the issue.

More interior window trim, in oak.
IMG_20210927_140617151_HDR.jpg

How did you replace the LCD on that? I’ve seen a video of it being done - looks like a very delicate undertaking.
I did! It was the screen assembly and top lid as one unit. It was not terrible with the right tools and a little patients. :)

Oh and here was todays project, new thermal paste for the 15 inch MacBook Pro with dedicated graphics. I used arctic silver 5 thermal compound for the cpu and gpu. Runs 20 degrees cooler now. Old paste was dried out and flaking.

Attachments

• C75A1C92-35D7-4D33-9E75-2C7309365B6B.jpeg
    C75A1C92-35D7-4D33-9E75-2C7309365B6B.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 13
I did! It was the screen assembly and top lid as one unit. It was not terrible with the right tools and a little patients. :)

Oh and here was todays project, new thermal paste for the 15 inch MacBook Pro with dedicated graphics. I used arctic silver 5 thermal compound for the cpu and gpu. Runs 20 degrees cooler now. Old paste was dried out and flaking.
Great job keeping these old beasts alive. I've worked on a couple Macbooks and they are easy to work on with a bit of moderate difficulty.

Replaced both front wheel bearings and a thermostat on a 97 grand prix. Also changed the oil. Then I replaced the cam sensor on the Durango and got the starting issue solved.

Today's maintenance routine. I need to put together a new addition to the tool collection. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DY9HBAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This should make tire rotations on my trucks a lot easier. I was struggling with rotations lifting 100lb tires on studs in a awkward position. So we will see how this works. Plan:

1. Remove tires and clean the barrel of rims, apply sealant. This is done every 5000 miles.
2. Rotate tires front to back, passenger to driver rear and rear straight forward. Torque to 85ft lbs. Before doing this inspect brakes and apply Fluid Film as needed.
3. Oil change and new filter. Using Wix 51348 and Mobil 1 5w30.
4. Fill tires with correct air pressure.
5. Sweat profusely thinking about the mini split.

This is on the 2014 Tacoma which has 110,000 miles now.
Are you saying you take the tires off the bead and re seal them every 5,000 miles??? I’ve never done this in my life besides when mounting a new tire.

Yesterday changed the oil filter and resealed the valve cover gasket on the Focus, it looses a quart every month so not worried. Today is changing the oil on the Dakota and Escape, almost forgot and it's been a year.

A little late Saturday changed sisters oil... 18 toyota ch r out went iffy lube bulk synthetic and a service champ filter in went 0w20 super tech paired with a Mobil 1 filter

Out running errand in my '11 Tahoe 130k miles and get back in the truck and no gear selection. ***, of course it's raining also. Cable end popped off the trans. arm. Popped it back on and got home OK. Pulled arm off the trans. and drilled a hole in the ball end and put a pin in it like they used to do it in the old days. Darn quick assembly snap on stuff that's part of the cable assy. , at least there was enough of the ''ball'' protruding out to do the classic fix.

LF tire repair including a balance on a 2011 Caravan.
Rear pads and rotors on a 2018 328d xDrive. NAPA delivered Fremax rotors, never used them before, I hope they're decent. Packaging was different, that's for sure.

Replaced a pitman arm on a 1988 Chevrolet C2500 at my friends shop, then changed the oil in a couple of cars he's getting ready to flip. Tried to crank the Durango before I left this morning, and its back to acting up again. I'll have to dig deeper.

Quad bikes today. It came in for no charge and a power steering fault. Put in a new reg, and the power steer fault is tight ball joints overloading it. And so wheel bearings and brakes too as always.

20210928_125701.jpg

Back