What are you working on today?

Nice! I sell generators mainly Generac. They are becoming an essential piece of equipment in homes. Having the NG is perfect.

Lots of Generac dealers out here. Popular brand for sure.

I have friends that have them and swear by them I have owned a couple and haven't the best luck with Generac.

The one that gave me most trouble was a 7KW gasoline Rv type genset I put in a grooming van. It died at about 2K hours where I got about 5-7 out of a similar sized onan.

On the whole house genset I looked at the competing 20 KW version and it had much shorter valve lash inspection intervals first one being 25 hours.

Ive had good luck with Kohler products starting out as a kid with their snowmobile engines,
Two other guys in my area bought this same genset and are happy.

Did a quick oil change.

IMG_1059.jpeg

Since 7am:
Clean the cat's three litter boxes while the morning kettle boils, make loose assam tea, eat breakfast. lunch and then go outside to air up the tires in my new to me used 2011 outback.
It's over 50deg here today in the wild northeast, so I've got to take advantage out the nice weather!
Now I'm going to pull an (easy) spark plug on the Outback and read it and see if I'm going to be replacing them. Photos soon in this Forum - but not this thread.

- Ken

Pulled the batteries out of all my OPE and put them on trickle chargers, today. I'm also going through the carb and doing fuel lines on an old Partner cutoff saw I pulled out of storage.

My todo list includes winterizing a couple of pressure washers and our 5th wheel.

Last edited:
North Star water softener stopped supplying softened water but was showing nor error codes. Could hear water going through venturi. Took the valve assembly apart and installed new seal kit. First time doing this. Back together and programmed to regenerate tonight. Hope Murphy wasn't looking over my shoulder. Happy Thanksgiving to all members everywhere.l

I'm putting a new rear upper control arm in a 06 Jeep Liberty. I test dove it and it is scary to drive right now. Give it some gas and it's headed for the ditch. Let up and it's heading for the center line.
Check the lowers too. I'm an admin on a Liberty forum, and usually that dancing when on or off the gas is the rear lowers. There's a recall on them, worth seeing if they've been done.

2003 BMW 540i front suspension replacement. Tie rod ends, lower control arms, thrust arm/bushings/ball joints and sway bar links. Not a difficult job by any means. The rear components were a different story.

This week I installed my winter tires and fluid filmed the Avalon. Winter tires were an absolute bear to do...wow, just a total struggle to get these things on the rims and blow them up.

This weekend I might try to replace the power window switch on my wife’s Mercedes ML350 (doesn’t look fun) and I need to change the oil and do a transmission service on it too (tranny doesn’t look all that fun either).

Check the lowers too. I'm an admin on a Liberty forum, and usually that dancing when on or off the gas is the rear lowers. There's a recall on them, worth seeing if they've been done.
Thanks for the heads up. It turned out those had already been replaced due to rust! Yikes! Anyway, replacing the upper made all the squirrelies go away.

Back