What are you working on today?

Worked on the Durango for awhile today. Has the common Durango/Dakota stuck brake pedal they develop after sitting for an extended period of time. Went to disassemble the pedal assembly to clean and lube everything, but couldn't even pry the booster Rod off the pedal. Resigned myself to spraying everything down with penetrating oil and affixing a return spring to the pedal. Now the pedal returns properly. Also checked out the ac. The system was overcharged with freon and oil. Drain off some of the charge got the ac blowing cold. I've still got to get a drivers front window regulator for it and get the interior cleaned to finish it up on the inside.

1631484089825.jpg

Co worker brought over his POS '04 Buick Century
Cleaned out the compost out of the cowl, and changed the plugged cabin filter
Pair of wiper blades, a new gas cap
Aired up the tires, reset ABS driven TPMS
Replaced nearly every bulb on the rear of the vehicle, due to being burnt out
Found the CHMSL was melted out, that'll be fun to find a replacement
Replaced PCV valve, grommet, vaccum harness to purge valve, it was all rotted and deteriorated
He wanted to polish the headlights and degrease the engine bay
So I sat back and observed
Diagnosed a rear window that need a motor/regulator, and both rear door lock actuators

Last edited:
Didn't take any pictures, but I helped my neighbor install a water line for his fridge. His wife said home Depot charged $180 for the install. The hose and ball valve to tie into copper cost around $50 Canadian with taxes.

Working at my friends shop this week. Today replaced a left front wheel bearing and changed the oil on a 93 olds 88 he's trying to flip. Also started replacing a radiator in an 80 model Chevy c10.

Work was pretty slow today. Generally Monday is pretty slow. There were a few things to do but not much. We each got a few tickets assigned and done them. I rebooted some CV axles and done a couple oil changes. I donā€™t mind a simple day once in awhile and I was half asleep as I always am on Monday lol.

Yesterday I got the radiator done in the 80 C10, and started a rear brake job on a 2004 Econoline E150. I'll finish it up today.

Did a oil change Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 E on my 2018 Ford Focus Mk4 1.0 Ecoboost with OEM filter (Mann filter) at Svendsen Eksos in Ski town, Norway last thursday šŸ™‚

Mileage on old oil was about 8200 km / 5100 miles.

What did you use? How long did it take? Recommend? I have used Chrome cleaner on a buffer wheel with similar results. I wouldn't mind something better. We love our trusty Tundra.
2812537E-C932-43FA-A696-6AD7E80C69A6.jpeg
First cleaned the Tundra headlights with LAā€™s Totally Awesome cleaner diluted 20:1. Then used an auto body sanding block with 2500 grit sandpaper, and wet sanded the headlights by hand. That was the most time consuming part. Then I put on Meguiarā€™s Ultimate Compound and buffed with a 5ā€ electric buffer. After that I applied Plastix plastic polish by hand and buffed it by hand. Finally Meguiarā€™s Ultimate Wax after I washed and waxed the whole truck. After the Tundra was dry I put Meguiarā€™s Headlight Protectant liquid on.

It took less than an hour the headlights are very clear never going to be like a new truck itā€™s going on 20 years old. But very nice looking. The key is the wet sanding with 2500 grit there is no lotion that can substitute for the sandpaper and wet sanding block.

Last edited:
Today was pretty steady. I kept busy. Tons of suspension diagnostics and replacements. Done some tires too. Then tomorrow Iā€™ve got to look at a Kia for engine damage after one of the oil change guys forgot to put in the cartridge filter and only put on the cap but the cap wasnā€™t very tight. It was towed in earlier and the manager came and screamed at the kid and put the ticket in my box lol.

Today was pretty steady. I kept busy. Tons of suspension diagnostics and replacements. Done some tires too. Then tomorrow Iā€™ve got to look at a Kia for engine damage after one of the oil change guys forgot to put in the cartridge filter and only put on the cap but the cap wasnā€™t very tight. It was towed in earlier and the manager came and screamed at the kid and put the ticket in my box lol.
Moron. I hear these stories all the time, I've never seen one myself. My mother in laws Mercedes was empty when they returned it to her with an empty oil pan. She got a new car out of it. Engine seized on the turnpike.

Moron. I hear these stories all the time, I've never seen one myself. My mother in laws Mercedes was empty when they returned it to her with an empty oil pan. She got a new car out of it. Engine seized on the turnpike.
Very much so. They want to get rid of him but we are so short staffed that it is pretty much impossible to let anyone go. He had sent a few out with no oil where we have had to replace engines too in the past. And left air filters out of cars by forgetting to put them back in. He complains all day that he wants to be a lineman but canā€™t find a job as one lol. Iā€™ll admit everyone makes mistakes including myself but not nearly as much as he has the last two months he has worked here. It probably would still be going down the road had I not seen the filter sitting on his oil drain and pointed it out. He was just going to hide it but I made him fess up to it like an honest person would since Iā€™m in charge of him.

Very much so. They want to get rid of him but we are so short staffed that it is pretty much impossible to let anyone go. He had sent a few out with no oil where we have had to replace engines too in the past. And left air filters out of cars by forgetting to put them back in. He complains all day that he wants to be a lineman but canā€™t find a job as one lol. Iā€™ll admit everyone makes mistakes including myself but not nearly as much as he has the last two months he has worked here. It probably would still be going down the road had I not seen the filter sitting on his oil drain and pointed it out. He was just going to hide it but I made him fess up to it like an honest person would since Iā€™m in charge of him.

If he gets a job as a lineman (assuming you are talking about a lineman working for a power company here???) he will likely get hurt or killed doing that job if his work habits continue as they are now.

Back