What are you thinking Nissan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ctc
Hardest filter access I've seen was on a '03 Tacoma w/ TRD package (skid plates). I had to go in through the wheel well. It was super tight in there and getting the factory filter off was a [censored].

I'm sure your Taco has the same or similar skids plates as my '00 4Runner. I don't care for the whole idea of going through the wheel well. The filter is still a pita to get to and the rubber boot and its fasteners will be worse for wear after a few changes.

If you have an air ratchet you can have the skid plates off in about 2 minutes. Leave the back and front sections bolted together and take the whole assembly off as a unit. There's even a little hook in the front to hang the front plate roughly in place when you re-install it. Once you get the rear bolts in it's easy.

I put a remote filter on my truck that uses a full sized filter. It's not a lot easier to change but it uses a full sized Ford style filter.

My neighbor's 04 Frontier needs to have the splash shield pulled off to access the oil filter, I'll understand if it was a Lexus but not a truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back