What are you listening to right now?

FAT MATTRESS - " Brand New Day " @ XM Deep Tracks w/ Earle Bailey . Noel Redding bass player for Jimi Hendrix .

Last edited:
When it comes to music I am a Neanderthal Man for certain. LoL. What makes it real easy to get along in my home is the wife of 46 years (we are the same age just months apart) feels the same as I do towards music. We are spoiled on the music we grew up on in the magic music times of the 60s thru 70s. About 3-4 times a year now she will ask me to do a re-load in her car with about 6 CDs from our mass collection. She does not even have a preference. She knows she will enjoy or get in the mood for which ever ones I randomly pick. I am so stuck in the past what is considered "new music" in my collection is a band called Blackberry Smoke who I am sure have been around putting out albums now for over 20+ years. LoL Joe Walsh had put out a solo Cd during a break from the Eagles (which seems to me like just yesterday) but I will guess its over 10 years old already. Anyway the song he named it after sounds just like he wrote it about me. Of course. I just checked and it was released back in 2012! So am not only a grumpy old man I am truly the Analog Man.
Analog Man
Welcome to cyber-space, I'm lost in a fog
Everything's digital, I'm still analog

When something goes wrong, I don't have a clue
Some 10 year old smarty has to show me what to do

Sign on with high-speed, you don't have to wait
Sit there for days and vegetate
I access my email; read all my spam
I'm an analog man

The whole world's living in a digital dream
It's not really there - it's all on the screen
Makes me forget who I am
I'm an analog man

Yeah, I'm an analog man in a digital world
I'm gonna get me an analog girl
Who loves me for what I am
I'm an analog man

What's wrong with vinyl? I think it sounds great
LPs, 45s, 78s
But that's just the way I am
I'm an analog man

Blue Oyster Cult - " Black Blade " @ XM Deep Tracks w/ Earle Bailey .
Another group I have seen too many times to count. My health has stopped me from travelling the last 7-8 years now so the last show I saw was probably Blackberry Smoke.
BUT_yes of course B.O.C. is certainly in the collection as well. We need to list about 20 items in our collections one day. I would bet several of us (oldies) have many of the same band/releases in our collections.

Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush - " Try For Freedom " ( instrumental 🎸 ) @ XM Deep Tracks w/ Earle Bailey .
Got ONE, Frank Marino&M.R. in collection. - The LIVE one he and Mahogany Rush released in the early 80s. Saw them on a tour. Get this. They sold so many tickets the venue opened a 2nd night. Not a suprise when I tell you who they actually opened for. Mahogany Rush opened for RUSH! The first night RUSH headlined yet they let Mahogany Rush headline the 2nd night. They were both amazing. RUSH had just released LIVE All the World is A Stage album. Those were some good shows. I took the wife (my live in at the time) to both nights. She just loved both of those bands. She would even put up with the ones I liked and she did not. LoL She even sat thru an Acoustic Hot Tuna set with me once before. She thought they were baaaad until a few years later I took her to see Electric Hot Tuna. Of course they blew her away that night.

Got ONE, Frank Marino&M.R. in collection. - The LIVE one he and Mahogany Rush released in the early 80s. Saw them on a tour. Get this. They sold so many tickets the venue opened a 2nd night. Not a suprise when I tell you who they actually opened for. Mahogany Rush opened for RUSH! The first night RUSH headlined yet they let Mahogany Rush headline the 2nd night. They were both amazing. RUSH had just released LIVE All the World is A Stage album. Those were some good shows. I took the wife (my live in at the time) to both nights. She just loved both of those bands. She would even put up with the ones I liked and she did not. LoL She even sat thru an Acoustic Hot Tuna set with me once before. She thought they were baaaad until a few years later I took her to see Electric Hot Tuna. Of course they blew her away that night.

I had the LIVE L.P. from '78 . Have watched his live videos on YouTube and they're amazing .

FOGHAT - " Easy Money " @ XM Deep Tracks w/ Earle Bailey .
I used to love to play FOGHAT Fool For the City over and over. I have the very last original 4 founding member CD they put out called the Return of the Boogie Men. Ha ha ha. Once again I am thinking..... that CD can't be too old. Yeah uh right. It was only released in 1994!

I used to love to play FOGHAT Fool For the City over and over. I have the very last original 4 founding member CD they put out called the Return of the Boogie Men. Ha ha ha. Once again I am thinking..... that CD can't be too old. Yeah uh right. It was only released in 1994!

You may like this . 1977 Foghat -" Fool For the City " - live . Jesse Winchester , Corky Laing , Utopia , Paul Butterfield ( w/ Levon Helm ) and others .

Last edited:
You may like this . 1977 Foghat -" Fool For the City " - live . Jesse Winchester , Corky Laing , Utopia , Paul Butterfield ( w/ Levon Helm ) and others .

awesome video... FOGHAT - I was amazed how Rod Price could play with those rings on his fingers. That was American Craig MacGregor on bass who replaced original Tony Stevens. Too bad several died young (Lonesome Dave + Rod Price in their 50s) leaving the 77 yr old drummer Roger Earl still taking his form of Foghat on the road 70 shows a year! He must have eternal youth.
Corky Laing played with Mountain for a good while. Paul Butterfield was credited with finding the great Elvin Bishop who played with them. Levon - well THE BAND! Who is that last group in the video?

The Police.
This trio was my favorite back in the day, and their music is still among my top picks now.
Deep track stuff here. I think it's great. Written and composed by Andy Summers. (I'm surprised that Sting allowed it.) :sneaky: ;)

Back