What are you listening to right now?

Metallica's "Cunning Stunts" is currently on Amazon Prime (I have it on VHS) so I watched that this evening, great concert.

I think this song has a Type O Negative kind of vibe to it? Or either of these two, parts combined? (One has deep vocals and piano, the second one. One just the deep vocals and mellow, sort of like "Love You To Death," just neither song as good.

?

I did state neither song as good as Type o Negative, I'm commenting on the bassy-ness and overall sort of grandeur in each. Apologies on the songs being not the best. Maybe Disturbed is the better of the two..

It's early. Work is soon.
EDIT: Yes, please base my comparison statement more on the cover song than the Godsmack. I was bored listening to songs one day and I thought.. WOW if that doesn't sound like Love You To Death. Ok continue.

IMHO, Disturbed absolutely killed in a good way that song, and at first I was not even going to give it a chance. Yeah, it's a cover, so maybe a bit contrived but I like it. Your opinion?

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220112-053940_Gallery.jpg

There's a new sun
Risin' up angry in the sky
And there's a new voice
Cryin' we're not afraid to die
Let the old world make believe
It's blind and deaf and dumb
But nothing can change the shape of things to come
There are changes
Lyin' ahead in every road
And there are new thoughts
Ready and waiting to explode
When tomorrow is today
The bells may toll for some
But nothing can change the shape of things to come
The future's comin' in, now
Sweet and strong
Ain't no-one gonna hold it back for long
There are new dreams
Crowdin' out old realities
There's revolution
Sweepin' in like a fresh new breeze
Let the old world make believe
It's blind and deaf and dumb
(But) nothing can change the shape of things
Nothing can change the shape of things
To come

Clarence White in the Byrds using his B-bender equipped Fender Telecaster in 1968.

The same guitar roughly 40 years later now owned by Marty Stuart (and playing the same song with Roger McGuinn).

How Clarence's B-bender guitar came to be as told by the inventor (who was the Byrds' drummer in the first video above - Gene Parsons).

Bonus: Clarence White (on guitar) with his brother Roland (on mandolin) on The Andy Griffith Show.

I think this song has a Type O Negative kind of vibe to it? Or either of these two, parts combined? (One has deep vocals and piano, the second one. One just the deep vocals and mellow, sort of like "Love You To Death," just neither song as good.

?

I did state neither song as good as Type o Negative, I'm commenting on the bassy-ness and overall sort of grandeur in each. Apologies on the songs being not the best. Maybe Disturbed is the better of the two..

It's early. Work is soon.
EDIT: Yes, please base my comparison statement more on the cover song than the Godsmack. I was bored listening to songs one day and I thought.. WOW if that doesn't sound like Love You To Death. Ok continue.

IMHO, Disturbed absolutely killed in a good way that song, and at first I was not even going to give it a chance. Yeah, it's a cover, so maybe a bit contrived but I like it. Your opinion?

I personally don't think either have a Type-O vibe to them and don't mind either song (I have both albums). I think Dave did a great job on the vocals of the Simon and Garfunkel cover, and they personalized the song tastefully, similar to what Metallica did with Turn the Page, paid homage to the original while making it their own. 5FDP's cover of Blue on Black is similar in that respect.

Device (Dave again) did a cover of "Close my eyes forever" (Lita Ford and Ozzie) with Lzzy Hale and it is also quite good.

I personally don't think either have a Type-O vibe to them and don't mind either song (I have both albums). I think Dave did a great job on the vocals of the Simon and Garfunkel cover, and they personalized the song tastefully, similar to what Metallica did with Turn the Page, paid homage to the original while making it their own. 5FDP's cover of Blue on Black is similar in that respect.

Device (Dave again) did a cover of "Close my eyes forever" (Lita Ford and Ozzie) with Lzzy Hale and it is also quite good.
I thought the deep vocals and piano would qualify it, but, guilty, I need to listen to more TON.

I like the one mentioned Love You To Death. I am picky on my super hard rock.

I thought the deep vocals and piano would qualify it, but, guilty, I need to listen to more TON.

I like the one mentioned Love You To Death. I am picky on my super hard rock.

They have some great songs, my former business partner and close friend formally introduced me to Type-O about 20 years ago. Prior to that, I had no idea who they were beyond the fact that they had done some interesting cover songs such as Paranoid (Black Sabbath) and Possession (Sarah McLaughlin).

My favourites, in no particular order:
- Christian Woman
- Love you to death
- Wolf Moon
- Everything Dies
- Black No. 1
- Summer Breeze
- We Hate Everyone
- Blood & Fire (out of the ashes remix)
- I Like Goils
- Green Man
- My Girlfriend's Girlfriend
- Cinnamon Girl
- Paranoid
- Creepy Green Light

I Like Goils is a particularly amusing song because its existence is due to Pete's spread in Playgirl magazine, done as a publicity stunt. What he didn't know at the time was that the majority of the audience was men. Upon finding this out, he wrote this song.

Tuned into R&B hour on the radio and this song was catchy with the lil bongo trills.

Back