What are you listening to right now?

OutlawsGhostRiders.jpg

The Motor City Madman >>>>

I had his first release on 8 track then now have a CD of it. Like it. Don't know why, never got another of his. Just read that he released six gold and platinum albums in a row. Had no idea. I knew he was a big deal LIVE but no idea he sold those numbers.

I heard Nugent would shoot arrows across the stage at some of his early shows.
We had tickets to see him one night and i locked my keys in the car and missed his
show. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had his first release on 8 track then now have a CD of it. Like it. Don't know why, never got another of his. Just read that he released six gold and platinum albums in a row. Had no idea. I knew he was a big deal LIVE but no idea he sold those numbers.
Most people also don't know he didn't sing that track, it was sung by his guitarist on the album Derek St. Holmes. This is covered in the documentary "Hired Gun" by former lead guitarist from 5FDP and fellow Canadian Jason Hook.

Most people also don't know he didn't sing that track, it was sung by his guitarist on the album Derek St. Holmes. This is covered in the documentary "Hired Gun" by former lead guitarist from 5FDP and fellow Canadian Jason Hook.
I am a dyno myself when it comes to music. I had so much fun growing up in the late 60s and 70s which I think was an era that had the greatest number of really talented bands ever at the same time. From USA / England / Canada etc..... THE BAND + Neil Young two favorites from Canada come to mind. I know folks will say Who on earth is THE BAND..??? LOL.
Raised on old country music at home (which I still enjoy) but when we hit the road there was lots of rock bands to see. Every once in a while I get exposed to something new. LOL Something newer than 1980 is new to me! Thought the 80s music sucked. It seems today if you are musicians and talented players you can get no exposure or backing. Seems music media has decided long ago they will only cover hip hop / rap and whatever the hell you call stuff like Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus!? I don't know what they call that when the performer like those two can't sing so they go half naked & use the whole stage full of dancers and it looks to me like a bad burlesque show inside a circus arena! YIKES, I know I am old. There are lots of good talented bands today who can't get arrested as far as any media exposure. A couple I followed a few years back when we still attended shows were Blackberry Smoke and I also saw Shooter Jennings. Probably have not attended a show in 10 years now.

Back