What are you listening to right now?

Originally Posted By: Julian
Anatta know why Ama crying so much lately!

I had a couple of emotional days a couple of weeks ago. My hip was injured, so I couldn't bike or walk or run or, most importantly, sleep well. That's the first time I've been in too much pain to sleep. Ibuprofen, tylenol, codeine, and hydromorphone were ineffective. Then I had a dream where I was with my ex-girlfriend and happy. Waking up from that was terrible. I was lifting weights later that evening while watching James Blunt "Live in Toulouse" on HDNet Concerts. I had never listened to him before or heard anything other than "You're Beautiful" on the radio. This came on:

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

And I still hold your hand in mine
In mine when I'm asleep
I'm so hollow

Great performance. Voice wavering, looking like he was going to break down himself, and I broke down at that point. Normally getting high mellows me out, but every time I did I got worse. I couldn't even go for a long walk or run to relax myself and tire myself out. The next night was even worse, and I ended up going to her place the next morning and crying on her shoulder for probably ten minutes straight. That's the first time I've really cried in about seven years. I gave the rest of my weed to my friend that day, and flushed my last J. I've been going downhill. I started smoking weed on a daily basis because I was going downhill a few years back and it seemed to put that on hold, but I was heading back down. Something needed to change and that was the only change I had left. The clarity is interesting. I don't know how long it will remain that way, or if it will help in the end, but it's something different anyway.

listening to frost free frig make noise.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
"Last Train Home" by Pat Metheny

++1

(Well worth using my 1,000th post on, though after 6.5 years it pales in comparison to the Busters and SteveCs of the BITOG world!)

Lots of XM if I can help it. Sixties and seventies music, classic vinyl, "soultown," jazz, and "cinemagic," (movie soundtracks).

I was in the mood to spin some tunes tonight. Here was my playlist:

Bobby and Laurie "Hitch Hiker" lp
Five Americans "I See The Light" lp
Crystal Circus "In Relation To Our Times" lp
The Sea-Ell Records Story cd
The Sixpentz "Summer Girl" cd

Back