What are you listening to right now?

apologies...I guess it reflects on my statement of finding "new" music to you that is not new. I have the system, where do I find a quality recording?
I usually buy them on iTunes.

And no problem! LOL! Nothing to apologize for, you had no way of knowing. It was in this "what are you listening to right now thread" but some time back ;)

I usually buy them on iTunes.

And no problem! LOL! Nothing to apologize for, you had no way of knowing. It was in this "what are you listening to right now thread" but some time back ;)
I don't have an itunes account...only Amazon Prime. What kind of quality do you get from itunes? Most of the time I will listen to something on Amazon Prime, or Youtube, and if I like it, I will just buy the CD, as the quality is MUCH better.

Here is my music MO.

Listen to new song with headphones on computer -> listen to song in truck streaming from phone (very decent aftermarket stereo and subs) -> buy CD -> listen to song on home theater (and most of the time be disappointed).

I don't have an itunes account...only Amazon Prime. What kind of quality do you get from itunes? Most of the time I will listen to something on Amazon Prime, or Youtube, and if I like it, I will just buy the CD, as the quality is MUCH better.

Here is my music MO.

Listen to new song with headphones on computer -> listen to song in truck (very decent aftermarket stereo) -> buy CD -> listen to song on home theater (and most of the time be disappointed).

LOL!!

Yeah, a lot of the time the CD's aren't any better these days than the digital download.

Here are the details on a couple of songs I've purchased, including the one in question:

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 3.05.52 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 3.06.23 PM.jpg

Let me compare to some of my Rammstein CD's that I ripped when I get home, see if the bitrate or sample rate are different.

LOL!!

Yeah, a lot of the time the CD's aren't any better these days than the digital download.

Here are the details on a couple of songs I've purchased, including the one in question:

View attachment 49034
View attachment 49035

Let me compare to some of my Rammstein CD's that I ripped when I get home, see if the bitrate or sample rate are different.
Yep, looks like if you rip them using iTunes, you get a higher bitrate (if configured, I have mine set for 320, default is the same as above, 256):
Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 5.45.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 5.48.06 PM.jpg

Back