What are you eating right now?

Beef rib …
68115B5C-7253-4DFE-84E2-ED4CC50FD6A6.jpeg

$19.00 with tip 23.62. Woodford and diet coke at the hotel bar. I know better than to get a drink at a hotel, but flight arrived four hours late, and I changed time zone by three hours, so not ready for bed. I don't know how astro does the time changes..... Btw,, Monday night, and hotel bar is packed with drunk guys, I can't imagine their tabs.

PXL_20220920_021344533.jpg

Looks like the food bag from Red Anchor Seafood, in Council Bluffs, IA. Just opened a couple months ago. Now my Granddaughter's favorite eating joint!(y)
JD,

Please post some pictures from Red Anchor next time you go. These boil in a bag seafood place can be very enjoyable, but for an old guy like me, just a few times per year.

Will try and get pics next time. Only been there twice so far. LOT'S of food in our bags, more than we could eat! Second time I only ordered a drink and we shared her food, still some went to waste. Ate age 18 I could have probably handled a meal by myself. LOL

• Love
Reactions: GON
33AA100A-1555-42DE-8E1E-565F68382F03.jpeg
Red Robin 🍔. They finally for once cooked my burger correctly and I didn’t have to send it back lol. I told them as least done as possible I can’t stand well done beef it’s nasty. My moms came out like mine and she spit it out and sent it back I was like that looks like a good burger to me lol. I don’t understand people sometimes lol but I guess to each their own.

View attachment 117913Red Robin 🍔. They finally for once cooked my burger correctly and I didn’t have to send it back lol. I told them as least done as possible I can’t stand well done beef it’s nasty. My moms came out like mine and she spit it out and sent it back I was like that looks like a good burger to me lol. I don’t understand people sometimes lol but I guess to each their own.
My wife used to be like that, she wouldn't eat any meat unless it was just this side of burnt. Over the years I've taught her how much better meat is when it's juicy.

Here is the deal with beef, the meat is dense enough when left whole that the pathogens (e-coli) can not migrate form the surface into the flesh, so as long as the out side is cooked to 160 degrees you should be good to go. Ground beef is different since the meat has been ground up, now the pathogens are mixed in, be carful with ground beef.

Single hamburger (no cheese), fries and a small fountain drink at Five Guys. $17.09 with tax. Decent burger, nice bun, a lot of fries...... But definitely priced on the high side of things. Chik fil a a like meal is under $10. I know chicken not beef, but posted for comparison.
PXL_20220922_185851882.jpg

Back