What are you eating right now?

I was in a hurry and I heard something about Taco Bell's "cheesy double beef burrito" which is apparently selling nationally for $6. I used to live off the $1 menu, but that's down to maybe 3 items now. But when I got there I saw they had a "cheesy double beef burrito". So I tried that, and for some reason they put two in the bag. Maybe they took the "double" thing a little too seriously. So I took it home and gave one to my wife and she really liked it.

Maybe it's not as perfect looking as their marketing photos, but everything in this photo was recognizable in the real thing. Not sure what "fiesta strips" are, but they're the orange things. They have sour cream and real pickled jalapeños. This is something I could get used to, although who knows how long it lasts.

23227_$2_cheesy_double_beef_burrito_-_spicy_750x660.jpg

I was in a hurry and I heard something about Taco Bell's "cheesy double beef burrito" which is apparently selling nationally for $6. I used to live off the $1 menu, but that's down to maybe 3 items now. But when I got there I saw they had a "cheesy double beef burrito". So I tried that, and for some reason they put two in the bag. Maybe they took the "double" thing a little too seriously. So I took it home and gave one to my wife and she really liked it.

Maybe it's not as perfect looking as their marketing photos, but everything in this photo was recognizable in the real thing. Not sure what "fiesta strips" are, but they're the orange things. They have sour cream and real pickled jalapeños. This is something I could get used to, although who knows how long it lasts.

Sorry - $2. Too late to edit.

I hope this burrito, which looks decent enough, didn't come with a side of Monty's revenge.

St. Louis style pork ribs are about to come off the smoker. Waiting for the baked beans to warm up and the honey/cinnamon butter to soften for the rolls. The rib rub is a blend of homemade Meathead's Memphis Dust and Taffy Stone's Cool Smoke rub. I'll be saucing them with a homemade Taffy Stone sauce that has a fair amount of bite to it.

Edit/update: Just finished the meal. The ribs turned out great. Some of the best I've done, except the ribs were just marginally overdone, as the meat was falling off the ribs just a little. I prefer "bite off the bone" to "fall off the bone".

Last edited:
Farm fresh 3 eggs from dairy outside Hookstown PA. I picked my own for $2. So at that price I brought own cardboard container and picked 18

Back