What are you eating right now?

1664504503833.jpg

Made some Quesadillas, used Kroger Queso Quesadilla, some fine diced bell pepper, chicken pulled off a rotisserie bird from the store, and a little bacon bits.

Somehow I knew someone would post a negative comment. This affirms my suspicion 🤬🤬
There are always virtue signalers who like to post about their superiority and only the best eating habits. They also assume we are too stupid to know about the possibly harmful impact of various foods. I ignore them and make my own choices.

Late post but made my Bride a Costco steak dinner last Saturday night before leaving town.

The ribeye was well marbled and think. So, three minutes each side on a super-hot flaming grill, then ten minutes in cast iron grill, in the oven at 450 degrees, with butter slab on top of the steaks.

PXL_20220925_020056171.jpg

Late post but made my Bride a Costco steak dinner last Saturday night before leaving town.

The ribeye was well marbled and think. So, three minutes each side on a super-hot flaming grill, then ten minutes in cast iron grill, in the oven at 450 degrees, with butter slab on top of the steaks.

View attachment 119079
I'll take your home cooked steak any day, over the Hawaii food. Looks great. I like my bacon crispy!

I'm just having BLT sandwiches tonight. Last farmer's market in my small Iowa town was Wed night. Picked up my last fresh tomatoes of the season. Grabbed some squash and local honey as well. Old woman was selling fresh baked bread, so that went in the basket too. :)

Stopped at the grocery store for some "run of the mill" ice cream for dessert. Almost $6 for a quart! Prices have really increased.

Happy I retired Jan 1st. Think I am making more $ staying home these days, on a "fixed income". Social Security and a small pension. No more gas $ or eating out. Have not even tapped into my two 401K accounts yet, and pray they are not needed. Hopefully the kids get them.

I pray for our kid's and grandchildren.

But then again, I am old and out of touch. I remember when they could NOT give chicken wings away, and sold them in large packages for like 19 cents per LB! Now they sell for more $ than the good parts! I'll never understand that. You can do "wings" with drum sticks, thighs with the same seasonings, and they are better eating in my book.

Guess that ages me. No offence intended towards anyone. ;)

I remember when they could NOT give chicken wings away, and sold them in large packages for like 19 cents per LB!
I purchased wings for $3.49 per pound this week . Prices are higher than that depending on the store . Will attempt cooking them in my air fryer for the first time tonight . I like them fried in oil but will experiment with the air fryer .

That un-cured suppresata looks yummy. Safe travels my friend
53s,

Thanks. People sitting next to me will have fig newtons offered to them. Six hour flight in coach, and possible delays, makes snacks nice to have. I dispise buy food at the airport, they no longer even post the prices.

Six hour flight, two hour layover than 90 minute flight. Here is my lunch, dinner, and snacks for the travel.
View attachment 119095
Fail tonight GON, you normally post pics of all that fancy food, while I have a BLT and cheap ice cream tonight! LOL

Good luck on you Brother, I do NOT envy all the traveling you do to make a living!

• Love
Reactions: GON
Ground chuck browned in a skillet seasoned with only salt and pepper, asparagus sautéed in butter and olive oil, Knorr cheddar broccoli rice, and a homemade flour tortilla buttered and rolled up. Organic plain whole milk yogurt for dessert.

Six hour flight, two hour layover than 90 minute flight. Here is my lunch, dinner, and snacks for the travel.
View attachment 119095
Oreos the favorite and Fig Newtons the other favorite. Dried Fruit and nuts are my kind of candy !!! My daughter buys Haribo Gummy Bears for treats to give her Horses.

Back