What are you doing right now?

I’m looking at vehicles. Found a excellent condition 2002 Chevy Blazer with 107,000 on it. 1 owner and cloth seats thankfully lol. $5,975 if it’s still there Saturday I might be buying that thing. That’s if I can get a loan with no credit. My dad says I can I don’t know personally. I would love to have it it’s hard to find those with low mileage in good shape. I know I’m a Ford man but the Fords from that period just don’t appeal to me at all. We are probably going to part ways with the non running 1990 Mazda B2200 and possibly dads 2004 Camry because he doesn’t want to spend money on it. So what we would do is I would buy the Blazer and I’d give the Escape to pops and he can do whatever with it since he wants a Ford Flex really badly lol. Surprisingly enough the V6 Blazer gets better gas mileage than the V6 Escape. It also has actual 4WD not that automatically engaging stuff like the Escape. So hopefully I can get it. My goal is to not buy any tools that I don’t need. We will see how long that lasts lol. I’m just glad I was able to realize the practicality of cars that I need which is anything 4WD and decent on gas vs the car I wanted which was an underpowered Mitsubishi Mirage G4.

My opinion, which is fairly worthless, is that the Escape is a better vehicle than '02 Blazer. The interior holds up better in the Escape, and the the highway ride and drive is better (my opinion).

I've worked on several Blazers of that vintage over the years, and I just never cared for them. Engines are fine and probably the best part of the whole vehicle, but not much room to work around engine under hood. Transmissions are hit and miss, though I have seen a few with high mileage on the original. Interiors were junk on all of them after 10+ years.

Why is the Mazda B2200 not running?

My opinion, which is fairly worthless, is that the Escape is a better vehicle than '02 Blazer. The interior holds up better in the Escape, and the the highway ride and drive is better (my opinion).

I've worked on several Blazers of that vintage over the years, and I just never cared for them. Engines are fine and probably the best part of the whole vehicle, but not much room to work around engine under hood. Transmissions are hit and miss, though I have seen a few with high mileage on the original. Interiors were junk on all of them after 10+ years.

Why is the Mazda B2200 not running?
It has a carburetor issue. The 1989 runs fine the 1990 I bought not running and really don’t want to pay for a new carburetor. It’s already been rebuilt once.

One good pro about the Blazer I’m looking at is cloth interior instead of leather. So no GM seat cracking.

It has a carburetor issue. The 1989 runs fine the 1990 I bought not running and really don’t want to pay for a new carburetor. It’s already been rebuilt once.

One good pro about the Blazer I’m looking at is cloth interior instead of leather. So no GM seat cracking.
Have you taken the carb apart and cleaned it yourself?

Good luck with the blazer. Sounds like it might be ok. The low miles are a plus.

Have you taken the carb apart and cleaned it yourself?

Good luck with the blazer. Sounds like it might be ok. The low miles are a plus.
I haven’t. I just sprayed some starting fluid. Have to find the keys or wire up a contraption to start it lol. I lost the keys last year.

I saw the new Elvis movie.

The guy can dance, but... I'll be honest, the movie was crazy, weird, Tom Hanks performance not good, confusing, horrible, and I left early. Some okay moments.

Fighting the mosquitoes as I run the bush mower.

Attachments

• 20220629_163808.jpg
    20220629_163808.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220629_163840.jpg
    20220629_163840.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 3
I’m working lol. Well at least I claim to be. I’m worn out and want to take a nap lol. Just chillin in the A/C drinking a Cheerwine and fiddling around.

Was going to go to Home Depot and return the Milwaukee weed eater. Forgot it was Sunday and they close at 9. So luckily I’ve got off tomorrow so I’ll be there when my parents return it. I’ve never been happier to return something lol. Battery lawn tools are a no go. Going to get a new gas one. Now just riding around going to get a soda and ride around some more lol.

Back