What are you doing right now?

Just watching some TV and relaxing before bed. Worked till 8:30 today because traveling customer came in with leaking radiator. Job pays 4 hours I done it in 3 because I started when I was supposed to get off at 5:30. But hey I don’t mind extra money. Working from 7:30am-8:30pm is pretty tough but with lots of caffeine and food I made it work lol.

I’m assembling a desk from a made-in-China boxed package. I have plenty of practical experience with it but the very first instruction was to join part 7 to part 8. In the diagram part 8 was 7 and part 7 was 8. Come on XI, get it right.
I didn’t get a chance to finish the desk until today. Except for the small error in the instructions it went together very well. The top of the desk (table) is four sections for compact packaging. It was actually quite clever how the whole thing went together. I used my Milwaukee power ratchet to do the bolts entering threaded holes in the metal supports and legs and a hex wrench to do the ones which entered plastic inserts in the wood sections. There were no nuts involved. The photo has a parallax error. Both laminated wood sections are equal in size and color. The brand is Tribesigns. I recommend it if you are looking for unassembled furniture.

9347A86E-2760-44D1-BBB0-C61FBABC0296.jpeg

Last edited:
Just chilling at home. Eating my Taco Bell. Once again got off late because someone needed something right then. I’m going to call tomorrow (yes I said call lol) and get some gravel ordered for our driveway because the mud has really taken over so need to fill it. I’m also riding to the orange store tomorrow with my coworker to get some square point transfer shovels because my dad says they are a waste of money but I disagree because it’s too hard to scoop with a regular shovel. So I’ve been reading shovel reviews since we don’t have a True Value around here anymore. Looks like my wood handle options will also be limited so I am buying a good midline one and a cheaper one too. Yes I know absolutely fascinating to read shovel reviews lol.

Getting ready to leave work then going to the orange store with my coworker I’m going to get a few transfer shovels to make it easier to spread gravel with. We have 5 digging shovels not a single one is a transfer shovel though because my dad thinks they are a waste of money so I’m going to show him they aren’t lol.

Getting ready to leave work then going to the orange store with my coworker I’m going to get a few transfer shovels to make it easier to spread gravel with. We have 5 digging shovels not a single one is a transfer shovel though because my dad thinks they are a waste of money so I’m going to show him they aren’t lol.
Only way to make him believe is to make him do the gravel shoveling with both shovel styles to see ... while you just watch. :D

I am making a punch list for my roofers who didn't listen and quietly sqweeked away last evening. Nice job overall.

Coffee. Early lunch, then enjoy the very seasonable weather. 30 mile bike ride I think.

But also suffering from allergies so that’ll be fun.

Eating and going to the flea market. I wanted fast food so we can hurry up and go but dad always has to sit down somewhere and eat which I can’t stand but whatever. This flea market closes at 5 so hopefully we make it over there. It’s about an hour away. Also have to go to The Home Depot or Lowe’s or Rural King to get a new thing of string for the weed eater and a new spark plug and air filter for the push mower.

Eating and going to the flea market. I wanted fast food so we can hurry up and go but dad always has to sit down somewhere and eat which I can’t stand but whatever. This flea market closes at 5 so hopefully we make it over there. It’s about an hour away. Also have to go to The Home Depot or Lowe’s or Rural King to get a new thing of string for the weed eater and a new spark plug and air filter for the push mower.
Eating at one local time you should surely be finished by two, an hour there and you have from 3-5 to find all kinds of things you don't need and spend all kinds of money you shouldn't spend. Then to the other store(s) on the way home.

We just got done planting a bunch of plants. Now at the hardware store to look at a new garden rake and wheelbarrow since both of ours broke a few seasons ago. Might get some more plants here too as they are on sale. Decided to wait on flea market till tomorrow.

Cutting down some cedar for the pond bank restoration project. The branches with needles make good rot resistant material for holding back the dirt. I pile the cedar logs up on top of them or as a wall and then it all gets covered by more and more debris.

These two I used one to pull the other as it was leaning towards the house. They are tied together about ten foot up.
2 trees at once.jpg
2 trees at once 2.jpg
2 trees at once down.jpg

Got three more smaller ones about 10 ft and then on to some tall slim green red and white oak.

Back