What are you doing right now?

As far as finding a regular m-f 0700-1530 type of position for as much compensation as these positions offer, that’ll be a difficult proposition. Most system operators make 2-400/yr with outliers earning up to & slightly over 900/yr with excessive ot. Some inexpensive states may have lower wages in the 120-150 range.
You talking in thousands of $$ here? Who wouldn't want to make $200-$400K a year if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
You taking in thousands of $$ here? Who wouldn't want to make $200-$400K a year if that's what you mean.
Yes. 200-400k/yr.

That’s top step journeyman wages with built in ot (8hrs ot on 48hr weeks), shift differential (anywhere from $2-10/hr on top of base hourly wage), occasional ot shift, bonus, etc. Base rates are anywhere from 60’s/hr to 130ish/hr.

Not current airline pilot rates by any means but nothing to sneeze at.

As a reference, here’s the current hourly base rates for CAISO/RC West in Folsom:

1715912443576.jpeg

Relaxing and watching one of the SpongeBob movies. I haven’t seen this one before it’s Sponge out of Water. I have it on disk in a set so I figured I’d watch it.

I just got back from part 1 of my Highschool 'Super Reunion'. Every class for 60 years of the schools existence, was invited. Part 2 of the event continues tomorrow. Tomorrow we get to walk the halls of the academic building, weeks before it's scheduled to be demolished. An entirely new school has been under construction for the past 5 years.

Most of the people I was friends with in Highschool are dead. I did see a couple of classmates.

Looking at my budget. Took a while to realize why I had less money in my budget after I was awarded some stock at work. It's because I've had to pay tax on that, but since I haven't sold, I'm upside down (so to speak) until I do. Odd one that. [I have the stock so my net is up, but until I sell, I can't put into the budget, thus...]

Saw an Astrovan pop up on CL, did some research, but everyone here indicates that an Express. Go looking for those and... they cost more. Caravan is better... but age worse. Back to square one. Hate car shopping.

Made the mistake of showing the wife the ad, and she wants me to go look at it--I think she's tired of shuttling kids around and wants us to have 4 cars again. *sigh*

Rainy weekend, so kinda stuck indoors.

Daughter and Son-in-law stopped by today. Brought some supplies that I asked for from Sam's Club. We had a nice visit.

She asked about my cages for tomato plants, so I replied have at them. Ended up sending more stuff home with them, than they brought to me.

They got the cages, tomato dust, Miracle Grow, a rake, poison mole worms, Premixed 2 cycle fuel and a jug of engine oil for the Granddaughter. Probably forgetting something.

They also said they would take my Toro 826 snow blower in the shed, that was not used last winter. It probably only has 15 hours of running time and looks like new. They just need to borrow a pickup to haul it home. Guess they can haul it off now, a piece at a time, or wait and get a truck when I am gone. :confused:

Daughter and Son-in-law stopped by today. Brought some supplies that I asked for from Sam's Club. We had a nice visit.

She asked about my cages for tomato plants, so I replied have at them. Ended up sending more stuff home with them, than they brought to me.

They got the cages, tomato dust, Miracle Grow, a rake, poison mole worms, Premixed 2 cycle fuel and a jug of engine oil for the Granddaughter. Probably forgetting something.

They also said they would take my Toro 826 snow blower in the shed, that was not used last winter. It probably only has 15 hours of running time and looks like new. They just need to borrow a pickup to haul it home. Guess they can haul it off now, a piece at a time, or wait and get a truck when I am gone. :confused:
As long as they bring it back when it snows and do your snow clearing for you

I was bored and watched our local high school graduation on YouTube. Could not understand a word they said, and the pic was unclear. My Granddaughter's boyfriend graduated. She is one year older than him.

I did pick him out though in a leg cast. Asked her and she said that he broke his ankle in baseball last Thursday.

Just got back from the transfer station. Saw a couple of TV's but too big I thought. Did find a cordless phone and base; our current set has multiple handsets but none will take a headset. This one has the port on it. So now I can find a headset and have a conversation while wandering around--or, since the set will go into my home office, I can just use speakerphone. Have it in front of the dehumidifier as it got rained on a bit, so once it dries out I'll see if it works.

Need to clean my office, it somehow got piled up to the ceiling.

Waiting for dinner, MIL is taking us out, as my son's birthday is coming up (or was it yesterday?).

Birthday was yesterday, I knew that. ;)

Hadn't played bowling on the Wii in forever. I think I figured out how to quit hooking the ball...

Son is now shopping Sienna's. I wonder if he'll actually spring the coin for it, he does have the money. Hard to say, he tends to fixate on things. But I think he likes the idea of a minivan.

Getting ready to go to the gas station and store. But currently watching the movie Distorted on Blu-Ray. Got it on sale at Walmart for $1. Not a highly rated movie but it seems interesting.

Having dinner. Rice, veggies, meatballs. Might have an everything bagel. Just back from a 20 mile bicycle ride and tree bark sounds tasty.

Might fire up my pc and work on learning a program. Don’t feel like doing much of anything now.

Back