What are you doing right now?

Still trying to find the keys to my truck lol. Just finished watching Sanford and Son and now just finishing up my sweet tea and then going to watch some YouTube and hit the hay.

Just left Sam’s Club got some steaks. Work was slow today again so they sent me and the other guys home. As we were leaving the parking lot a car gunned it in reverse and plowed into another car and then they got out and the car that backed up started a fight with the other driver we quickly left in case it devolved. So now we are just cruising down the highway.

PXL_20210415_181212977.PORTRAIT.jpg

Not much. Had some sort of flue so I'm down on energy.

The other day I tilled the garden but now lack the energy to haul about 6 more yard carts of manure in. So that will wait.

Today I rolled up all the snow fence in hopes we are done for the this season. I then took the quad out and cleared the mole traps. They are bad this year so I got an early jump on them.

Just left work. Done four oil changes. Me and everyone else is going home except assistant boss because it’s his day to close so he stays till 5 in case someone else shows up to have work done which is doubtful. Between last March and today we probably have done maybe 150 cars as a shop. I joined in November and probably haven’t done but 20 or so at the most. Now I’m going to go change out the air filters in dads truck and replace something in the cooling system.

Just left work. Done four oil changes. Me and everyone else is going home except assistant boss because it’s his day to close so he stays till 5 in case someone else shows up to have work done which is doubtful. Between last March and today we probably have done maybe 150 cars as a shop. I joined in November and probably haven’t done but 20 or so at the most. Now I’m going to go change out the air filters in dads truck and replace something in the cooling system.
Might be time for a new job?

Oh yeah Jim unfortunately it’s not that easy. I can’t believe that my industry has taken this big of a hit honestly.
I'm working more than ever-weird-I guess because people are staying home
That is what's killing you
My biggest pick up is when the $$$ was high I lost all my foreign customers which is over 80%
Now that the $$$ is down some, they all came back

I'm working more than ever-weird-I guess because people are staying home
That is what's killing you
My biggest pick up is when the $$$ was high I lost all my foreign customers which is over 80%
Now that the $$$ is down some, they all came back
Yeah definitely. All shops in my area are lucky to still be in business. I’ve never seen my area this dead before I guess everyone is still working from home and just staying home. It sucks man they need to make mechanics jobs great again LOL.

Back