What 319k buys in Hot Springs, AR for a single family home

It looks really nice but seems like very little square footage. Beautiful lot and structure though!! (y)

Reactions: GON
That's a very nice house for $319. I don't know where in the USA you're going to get more house for less money. Not any place nice.

You need to look at homes near Grand Rivers,KY. Reasonable prices and two BIG lakes. You can travel all the way to the Gulf on one thru the Tom Bigby water way. Nashville is just over 100 miles and Paducah is 30 miles.

Reactions: GON
A person I work with thinks Hot Springs/ Hot Springs Village Arkansas is a great place for older Americans to move to. He stated the majority of homes are in gated communities, plenty of nearby water for boating/ fishing, and lots of golf courses.

I have been watching homes for six months in the Hot Springs area. Like many areas, Hot Springs pricing has been going up, up, up.......

This is an example if one watched what 319k might buy. Of course, the home could be worth less, or there could be bidder wars sending the selling price well above 319k. Driveway is already in trouble, for a 13 year old home that is a flag. The 24" floor tiles look like that may not have been installed so well. The home may have some "flags" not easily spotted in the pictures. The interior of the house looks professionally staged, the deck area looks like the owners stuff. My Wife liked the home, with a huge exception of the kitchen layout. And with the flooring, in one pic, four different floors can be seen.

I'd imagine if it doesn't have a few flags it would probably be more than 319k. Honestly, money these days aren't what it used to be, record low inflation since 2003 and again in 2008, and again in 2020. Then we have remote work migration now and people cashing out HCOL area moving to LCOL area, or even international.

Consider today's construction cost, 319K isn't bad for that house at all, even if it is in a place with LCOL. This house even with barely any yard, would cost probably 1.4M here even with the 5ish school, to about 1.9-2.4M with 10/10 school.

You like to move around a lot eh?
My job of 28 years transferers/ moves me on average about every 19 months. Most people move every two-three year, I have regularly moved more quickly. I plan to retire in the summer of 2024, work five more years at a new job, and then move into my last/ final home.

I occasionally apply for jobs. If a special opportunity presented itself, I would retire now and move to where the new opportunity is. But I also understand "special opportunities" for an older guy like me are very rare.

That house would bring much more money where I live. Houses are crazy here in Sioux Falls SD.
South Dakota is a hot market!!!

We looked at a home on the Missouri River two years ago, north of Pierre. It reminded me of New Zealand of all places. The lot was incredible, but the owner built it himself and the home was so "rigged", it would need to have been torn down to the studs and rebuilt, all the electric, plumbing, HVAC, everything. We had to pass, but wish it was built right.

South Dakota is a hot market!!!

We looked at a home on the Missouri River two years ago, north of Pierre. It reminded me of New Zealand of all places. The lot was incredible, but the owner built it himself and the home was so "rigged", it would need to have been torn down to the studs and rebuilt, all the electric, plumbing, HVAC, everything. We had to pass, but wish it was built right.
Yes the market is extremely high here right now. I love fishing the Missouri River and go one time per week from March through October. I might miss once in a while but try to make it out. Pheasant hunting is great here too.

Place looks like a huge echo chamber. All hard floors, very little softness to absorb sound bouncing off the floors, walls, ceilings and glass.

HUH!!!!?? What did you say???!!!
Hang a few cloth things on the walls, an area rug or two, good enough for me.
Have a look at this sweet place for $349,900 near me....
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/24496408/12-king-st-kawartha-lakes-omemee
x5645752_3.jpg

A person I work with thinks Hot Springs/ Hot Springs Village Arkansas is a great place for older Americans to move to. He stated the majority of homes are in gated communities, plenty of nearby water for boating/ fishing, and lots of golf courses.

I have been watching homes for six months in the Hot Springs area. Like many areas, Hot Springs pricing has been going up, up, up.......

This is an example if one watched what 319k might buy. Of course, the home could be worth less, or there could be bidder wars sending the selling price well above 319k. Driveway is already in trouble, for a 13 year old home that is a flag. The 24" floor tiles look like that may not have been installed so well. The home may have some "flags" not easily spotted in the pictures. The interior of the house looks professionally staged, the deck area looks like the owners stuff. My Wife liked the home, with a huge exception of the kitchen layout. And with the flooring, in one pic, four different floors can be seen.

Nice and cheap.

Yes the market is extremely high here right now. I love fishing the Missouri River and go one time per week from March through October. I might miss once in a while but try to make it out. Pheasant hunting is great here too.

Are people from California driving up prices the same way as they are doing in Montana ?

Both good places to live if you are retired and not job hunting.

Back