What 830k USD buys in Warren, AR

Are you talking about Bum F Egypt, Ar? Are you from NW Pa?? Had no idea that wasn't a local saying.

The 3 rules of real estate are location, location, location. Mr. GON's 3 rules seem to be price, price, and price. ;) It appears he'll consider anywhere in the US where there's a good deal. How do you find these places sir??
I'm of the opinion that every state has at least one area known as BFE.. the problem with some of those places like GON lists is that if you still need to work and make money, options are limited and if you are retired the chances there is a local hospital and doctors isn't real high... or local stores other than Dollar General... I wouldn't mind moving away from where I am, but where ever the heck I go I have to have a bit of acreage and there has to be a hospital, doctors and at least something like a Walmart and a Home Depot within 25 miles.. which leaves out alot of areas in the USA.

N

Never heard of FML. Went to Merrian Webster dictionary, and still can't comprehend FML.....
Well, what it stands for should not be allowed here considering I got a warning for BSomething - which is on this site by the dozens …

It's probably good for growing cotton.

they grow alot of rice on the west bank of the Mississippi River in Arkansas.
You might be right about the cotton.
That state is pretty nice north of the I 40 corridor.
south of the I 40 corridor alot of it is just plain rural.. some of it pretty beak to be honest.
I've been thru Arkansas multiple times on th emotorcycle, which gives a person a better impression of a place than riding in a car..

Of course that bleak statement can be said about alot of places in the USA.

The kitchen is very nice. There's a HUGE amount of open space for winter heating to rise up into before enough amasses to warm your feet. I like the wood. The kitchen is really nice. Mowing would be a major pain. Bottom line it's your money and your choice and nothing else matters. But I do like the kitchen.

Remember prior to relocating to get all your teeth extracted except for a couple of beer openers up front. Locals can peg an outsider fast with too many teeth. I was looking for some bottled water at a convenience store in Arkansas a few years back. They didn't stock it but had many styles/sizes of Mountain Dew available. The best part about Arkansas is their leach fields drain downhill into Oklahoma. If you end up buying a home in Arkansas, make sure to get the winter package, snow tires and dripping faucets so the pipes don't freeze.

One thing to note , the first two acres are worth an incredible amount of money. The remaining 58 acres are rarely worth much. I remember owning a 14 acre lot and they valued the remaining 12 at $30k while first two $200k.

Mr. GON's 3 rules seem to be price, price, and price. ;) It appears he'll consider anywhere in the US where there's a good deal. How do you find these places sir??
AZJ,

I find a job opportunity that I match for, and then follow up with a real estate search in that area.

Yeah, waaaay too much wood.

I would feel like I’m living in a very big treehouse.
Wife agrees with your assessment. She also thinks there would be spiders hard to get to on the very high ceiling, and hard to clean the ceiling.

If I was in the market for an $800k home, I wouldn't be looking in Arkansas. Just sayin'

Disclosure- please lets not talk about politics in this thread- it violates terms and conditions of BITOG.​

People are leaving all kinds of states for less taxes and more seasonable weather- I was surprised when I read the follow article last week, and a another one (not favorable) on Arkansas. Seems moving to Arkansas is worthy topic for two huge media companies.

Why people are leaving California for Arkansas

Moving to Arkansas isn't just a pocketbook decision – it’s about quality of life as well​

Good luck recruiting Californians for Arkansas, Sarah Sanders​

Gents,

Appreciate all the feedback. Every reply to this thread expressed helpful information and truth/ facts- I am grateful.

The US housing market has significantly changed. Post COVID, it is hard to really grasp how the housing market could shift so much. Shifting in major metropolitan areas with lots of growth- to be expected. But in rural places with little professional options for many has seen massive price increases.

Even places like the greater Chicago area, which has had ten consecutive population decreases has seen massive price increases over the past year. I was transferred to Chicago in 2004, and transferred out in 2006. The home tried selling the home we had in Chicago for 15 years, without a workable offer. It sold last summer at full price. Zillow states the home has appreciated another 12 percent since last summer. Mind blowing.

I search for homes based on a job vacancy, west of the Mississippi, low state taxes, and affordability. Just about every desirable home in most every state west of the Mississippi is a "hot property". Times have changed. Long term- time will tell. Right now, with rates at or above eight percent, every desirable home is a Sellers market.

Disclosure- please lets not talk about politics in this thread- it violates terms and conditions of BITOG.​

People are leaving all kinds of states for less taxes and more seasonable weather- I was surprised when I read the follow article last week, and a another one (not favorable) on Arkansas. Seems moving to Arkansas is worthy topic for two huge media companies.

Why people are leaving California for Arkansas

Moving to Arkansas isn't just a pocketbook decision – it’s about quality of life as well​

Good luck recruiting Californians for Arkansas, Sarah Sanders​

Earlier this week I sent that article to some friends that live in CA, we all got a good laugh out of it.

Earlier this week I sent that article to some friends that live in CA, we all got a good laugh out of it.
I understand why people live in CA. Lots of challenges, but the climate, terrain, and food...... wow it is nice. I like California climate significantly more than Hawaii climate.

Gents,

Appreciate all the feedback. Every reply to this thread expressed helpful information and truth/ facts- I am grateful.

The US housing market has significantly changed. Post COVID, it is hard to really grasp how the housing market could shift so much. Shifting in major metropolitan areas with lots of growth- to be expected. But in rural places with little professional options for many has seen massive price increases.

Even places like the greater Chicago area, which has had ten consecutive population decreases has seen massive price increases over the past year. I was transferred to Chicago in 2004, and transferred out in 2006. The home tried selling the home we had in Chicago for 15 years, without a workable offer. It sold last summer at full price. Zillow states the home has appreciated another 12 percent since last summer. Mind blowing.

I search for homes based on a job vacancy, west of the Mississippi, low state taxes, and affordability. Just about every desirable home in most every state west of the Mississippi is a "hot property". Times have changed. Long term- time will tell. Right now, with rates at or above eight percent, every desirable home is a Sellers market.
Isn't it a buyers market for people with lots of equity in their current home? Its not a 1st time buyers market anyways!
One of my co-workers didn't lock in their mortgage for enough years when they bought 2-3 years ago and now are looking at either selling for a loss, or going into more debt to pay their new crazy mortgage payment.... Another one of my facebook friends is a real estate agent and posting some mumbo jumbo about its always a good time to buy real estate....
In Canada at least I think the market is going to correct a bit soon...

Isn't it a buyers market for people with lots of equity in their current home? Its not a 1st time buyers market anyways!
One of my co-workers didn't lock in their mortgage for enough years when they bought 2-3 years ago and now are looking at either selling for a loss, or going into more debt to pay their new crazy mortgage payment.... Another one of my facebook friends is a real estate agent and posting some mumbo jumbo about its always a good time to buy real estate....
In Canada at least I think the market is going to correct a bit soon...
IL, I can't answer for the Canadian market. In the US market it is a Sellers market for every desirable home. Of course, there are exceptions- here is an exception of a home that can't sell. If this home was in Texas, Tennessee, Arizona, Utah, California, etc- it would have sold. High top shelf home in Illinois is not very sellable.

This home (like my prior home) has been on the market for multiple years.

I am pretty sure i have been to Warren and the only thing there is a rice mill (maybe 2)...

Also, not that anyone was, but do not run from the police there, the ASP is homicidal... They will pit you and flip you over while pregnant and following the drivers manual... or not even the right car...

Back