What 830k USD buys in Warren, AR

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
$829k USD in Warren, AR. 60 acres. Only thing I don't like about the home is the garage is detached, and bringing in groceries to the house from the garage requires multiple steps. Defeats the benefit of a ranch (I know it has a second floor- but home is single floor living if desired). But a really nice home for me. My Wife doesn't love it.

Discovered this home because of a job vacancy I match for in the area.

N

Never heard of FML. Went to Merrian Webster dictionary, and still can't comprehend FML.....

I use FML several times a day...lol...along with FYL anytime a friend texts me they need to go into the office :ROFLMAO:

And that house is less than what my generic Central Phoenix 1,655 sq ft home would go for.

Reactions: GON
Don't hate it, though inside screams 90s and tons of wasted space. I'm guessing built in mid-late 90s and never updated?
Wood is nice, but too much is... well, too much.

But with 65 acres and a garage I'd be in the house just to poop and sleep. 😆

Property views are bleh but I'm probably used to home. Strange no garage interior pics or drone pics of the land.

Garage looks small, but says 4 car, so 30x50ish? Not sure what "4 car" is, my last garage was 24x26 and was a 2 car. Current is 30x42 and no way it's fitting 4.

Either way not like I'm affording it! Would need to be pulling in 225+k a year.

View from my driveway for example on my potato phone.

Attachments

• 20231023_091243.jpg
    20231023_091243.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
One pic shows a water tower on the listing. Here is a street view of it.The listing says septic but nothing about a well. So I assume you have municipal water but a septic system.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 6.37.41 AM.png

• Helpful
N

Never heard of FML. Went to Merrian Webster dictionary, and still can't comprehend FML.....
Urban dictionary. It’s used to express disappointment, or unhappiness, with one’s life…

Often said in a rueful manner. Sometimes used for humor.

• Helpful
its not quite in the Arkansas Delta region but it still is in BFE AR. Lotsa places like that in the southern states. not near anything and sort of off the beaten path. If you don't mind being away from resources those are pretty good places to live.

What is the distance between garage building and house?

I covered that gap - angled - and made a quite nice covered breezeway

The absolute nasty thing about that listing isn’t the wood or property or garage.

It’s the summer weather. Just nasty beyond tolerable. I wouldn’t buy it if it was free.

That’s a lot of house and property for the money. Warren, AR is a pretty poor area so that probably has something to do with the affordability. If you don’t have kids in school and just want a place to live out your years on your property, it may just work.

I agree too much wood and a very 1992 look to it. I like the covered porch/patio area.

• Helpful
its not quite in the Arkansas Delta region but it still is in BFE AR.
Are you talking about Bum F Egypt, Ar? Are you from NW Pa?? Had no idea that wasn't a local saying.

The 3 rules of real estate are location, location, location. Mr. GON's 3 rules seem to be price, price, and price. ;) It appears he'll consider anywhere in the US where there's a good deal. How do you find these places sir??

Back