We're done, Motorcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get a chance look at the cutaway of an Amsoil filter with the metal screen mesh attached to the synthetic media, no paper at all. Amsoil claims 20 micron filtration at a very high efficiency percentage, and good for 25K miles with the Signature oil.

There's nothing wrong with MC filters. It's all in your head OP.

I hope the 500s and 920/400s filters still hold up. I like those.

With all the issues the tearolators have had I can’t believe that people still use them. But if you try and show them proof of failures and compare them to a Fram Ultra... well they just go crazy and say that Fram sucks and continue to use a defective product... thanks for the c&p!

Probably a couple thousand per day being installed by Ford dealers, probably none will be cut open. If one is cut, and it looks fine, their answer will be see they are all fine. This site just doesn't have the audience people think it does. The companies don't care. At least they could throw a rep on here to argue the issue like Fram does. Or maybe the Fram rep just does it on his own. I always used to buy MC for my Fords, never cut one open and was happy in ignorance with the fine white paint and OE graphics on the can. Cutting one open and seeing no tears means nothing except that one didn't tear. Finding a torn one means they do tear. No filter should tear even if clogged solid. The only Purolator I would use is the Boss.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

You say there's nothing wrong with them (even though torn MCs have been shown), but then sound like you're nervous about them "holding up" ...
lol.gif
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You say there's nothing wrong with them (even though torn MCs have been shown), but then sound like you're nervous about them "holding up" ...
lol.gif
21.gif

Did you know my comment was loaded with sarcasm?

lol.gif
21.gif

You might want to use something like this
laugh.gif
to help indicate sarcasm.
wink.gif

lol.gif
21.gif

You might want to use something like this
laugh.gif
to help indicate sarcasm.
wink.gif

Come on man. I thought I meant more to you than that.

We've only been making fun of Purolator for what.. 3 years?

Come on man. I thought I meant more to you than that.

We've only been making fun of Purolator for what.. 3 years?

LoL, I can't keep track of all the Puro fun makers ... guess I need a spreadsheet.
grin.gif

I have used many MC filters over the past 40 yrs with no problems.
I only use the FL1A though.

Any update with a response from FoMoCo? Have you cut open the one that was on the vehicle to see if it was also torn? I have a stash of 820s filters that I use on my f150 and would like to know more about this.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
Any update with a response from FoMoCo? Have you cut open the one that was on the vehicle to see if it was also torn? I have a stash of 820s filters that I use on my f150 and would like to know more about this.

Cut one open at random ?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE

Cut one open at random ?

Duh, I could do that too lol. It's been a long morning...

When I first joined BITOG, I read all the complaints about Purolators tearing. I told myself that if I wanted the answer, I would have to start cutting them open for inspection.

Low and behold. My first cut & post below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading many posts on Purolator oil filters that tear, I decided to buy an oil filter cutter and check my favorite oil filter. I had this one in the oil drain pan checking to see how long the anti drain back valve would hold oil. So it was a good one to cut open.

2zps8xy.jpg

Motorcraft FL820S Date code: 904121217

2aeuxu.jpg

Dome end tear.

k9tnpz.jpg

Thread end tear.

2z8ybty.jpg

Motorcraft has changed the number of inlet holes leading to the bypass valve 4 were used in this date code.

^^^^ How true that is.

The PL24651 in my sig line is the last one in my stash and I am only running it 3K just to be safe.

I have 2 FL820S in the stash one with rust on the outlet side of the media. I won't run this one. I will probably run the other one 3K.

After that, my stash will be rid of the Tear-O-Lators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back