weight watchers program

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girlfriend is starting a weight watchers program this weekend. I'm thinking about doing the program too without the subscription since she will have it and I dont care about the meetings. Has anyone on here used this program or know some people with success stories. I'm looking to lose 20-25lbs and get back into my normal body weight range.

I found the weigh in at the meetings afforded me the accountability that I needed to lose the weight I needed to lose. Plus, the meeting leader was a comely wench and I enjoyed chewing the fat with her, so to speak.

It's an absolute waste of time, money and effort.

Losing weight is simple, but most people don't have the willpower, nor are they willing to put forth the effort that it takes to get rid of the extra pounds and keep them off.

Eat healthy, exercise every day (yes, even when it snows out you can still get a good outdoor workout), and stay away from pop, snacks and fast food. Commit to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life and the weight will come off and stay off.

Or pay your money and start the yo yo diet plan. You might lose the weight, but in 5 or 6 years it will be back with a vengeance, and those pounds you lost will return with a lot of new friends.

I feel that weight watchers is COMPLETELY unnecessary however stick with what works for you.

I don't have the time at this moment, however possibly later I can start a thread educating people that are interested on this topic.

I'm a K-12 PE teacher w/ degree in this field.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It's an absolute waste of time, money and effort.

Losing weight is simple, but most people don't have the willpower, nor are they willing to put forth the effort that it takes to get rid of the extra pounds and keep them off.

Yup .. and the drug addicts should "Just say NO !"
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: dja4260
I feel that weight watchers is COMPLETELY unnecessary however stick with what works for you.

I don't have the time at this moment, however possibly later I can start a thread educating people that are interested on this topic.

I'd be interested in hearing some advice. I just need help watching what I eat and learning portion size. Working 12-14 hours a day doesn't leave me enough time to fit in a trip to the gym.

Originally Posted By: volk06

I'd be interested in hearing some advice. I just need help watching what I eat and learning portion size. Working 12-14 hours a day doesn't leave me enough time to fit in a trip to the gym.

+1

I'm going to write a guaranteed weight loss book one day - one sentence long - "Burn more calories than you consume." Guess I just wrote it. On topic: if it works for you or at least kick starts you to make a difference, go with it.

Originally Posted By: Cogito
Originally Posted By: volk06

+1

I'll sit down and write something up tomorrow. The previous post did basically sum it up.

Intake vs. expenditure.

I had a student have a seizure this morning in PE class. Scary start to my work week!

A good friend of mine lost 150 lbs doing Weight Watchers. He's kept it off and his doctor actually wanted him to gain 10 pounds back.

I hit 221.5 lbs on the scale and started to change my life in May. I dusted off the P90X DVD's and actually did the workouts for a period longer than three weeks. I managed to make the whole 90 days. I lost 18 pounds with diet changes and exercise. I'm not on a hybrid of P90X and TurboFire (great cardio) and have lost an additional 17 pounds in the past eight weeks.

I've cut out a lot of the beer and am counting calories in an app called myfitnesspal. They also have a website. It's very easy to use too. I'm also using Shakeology to limit some calories while getting good nutrition.

I've gone from a tight 36 to a comfortable to almost too loose 34. I had a goal to lose 40 lbs by my 40th birthday just before Thanksgiving. I should hit that mark. I'm at 35 pounds lost. I feel so much better and can do so much more.

Beachbody is starting a new Challenge on November 1st where they have a great discount on the combo packages of their workout programs and Shakeology. I'm starting a new round near December first so I can be fully ready for P90X2 when it is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back