Wealthy Space X Partner Believes UFO's Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
You'd think there would be something, some kind of evidence somewhere from the past few thousand years of life as we know it.

The universe is billions of years old and the likelihood that two advanced civilizations meet is extremely rare in fact there's a greater likelihood that these civilizations implode on themselves (i.e. Nuclear War).

If an alien species visited earth they would be here for our resources.

Take a look outdoors during the summer and imagine every flicker of firefly represents 100k years of civilization floating around in the universe.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl

You think so?

Why would a species that could traverse those insanely vast distances have any need for our resources?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Watch the documentary "Mirage Men" and it will shape your paradigm about UFOs. It's about how US Intelligence agencies purposely put out disinformation about UFOs and ETs to shape public opinion, both at home and abroad, to take the heat off of US government military secrets and actions.

Agree with that.

The declassified Oxcart files have a section on project bluebook, which appears to have ostensibly been to find out the visibility of their secret projects and spread disinfo.,,

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The bottom line is there is no credible, reliable, documented evidence ETs and UFOs are currently, or have historically, visited Earth. Zip, zilch, notta.

That's not my belief system...

OneEyeJack said:
Take a look outdoors during the summer and imagine every flicker of firefly represents 100k years of civilization floating around in the universe.

Then imagine the trillions more your eyes can't see and then add up the probabilities again...

UD

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
They could have fifteen PhDs after their name and still be talking nonsense. Look at what happened at the University of Utah twenty eight of so years ago. They claimed they had cold fusion taking place in a small desk top experiment, more power coming out than going in. The jackpot of all jackpots. The next big thing in power production. State of Utah appropriated ten million dollars to spread the word and promote the state. Edward Teller, the "father of the H bomb" stated that cold fusion "sounds right." And then the Big Bust. No one else could duplicate the process. By 1991 no one was mentioning cold fusion, at least not in public. And let me add this, I have a slightly used Newman Energy Machine that I will let go cheap.

US Navy haven't STOPPED researching and publishing on the topic...

Famous People That Have Seen UFO's

1) Astronaut Buzz Aldrin

2) President Jimmy Carter

3) Astronaut Gordon Cooper

4) Walter Cronkite

5) Ronald Reagan

Maybe we're not supposed to know all the answers. One day when we pass to the other side,it will all make sense to us.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Famous People That Have Seen UFO's

1) Astronaut Buzz Aldrin

2) President Jimmy Carter

3) Astronaut Gordon Cooper

4) Walter Cronkite

5) Ronald Reagan

You know what the "U" in "UFO" stands for, right?

I bet I've spent close to a few thousand hours at least staring at the sky, both naked eye, through binoculars and through lots of telescopes, including my own. In deep dark sky conditions. I've seen many UFO's..but they weren't extraterrestial.

Plenty of fireballs, meteors, flashing geosyncs, satellites that failed to achieve orbit, old booster rocket bodies from USA, Soviet, Russia & China programs, dead sats, the ISS, jets, space shuttles and lots of spy satellites in polar orbits. I've even seen a globular cluster (Mayall II) in another galaxy (Andromeda).

After all, there is a lot of stuff up 'there'. However in reality most of what's OUT THERE is....space. A lot of it.

It's a sure bet other civilizations exist 'out there'. The odds are overwhelming. However, to get HERE takes some fancy flying + an infinite amount of power before your life runs out.

One last point, visible light comprises a teeny, tiny part in the overall electromagnetic spectrum. This is why we use radio, x-ray, gamma-ray, etc. telescopes.

Not only is there a lot of sky to search, there's also lots of frequencies.

If you're looking at a galaxy that's millions of light years away,are you looking millions of years into the past? Maybe by the time the light reaches us,it doesn't exist anymore.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
If you're looking at a galaxy that's millions of light years away,are you looking millions of years into the past? Maybe by the time the light reaches us,it doesn't exist anymore.

It's possible, but so far I don't think any galaxy has actually disappeared so far although some suns have. They just turned into black holes instead of going supernova.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

You think so?

Why would a species that could traverse those insanely vast distances have any need for our resources?

Yeah, it's very strange. The numbers are really vast. There's probably somewhere between 100-400 billion stars in our galaxy. And there are an estimated 200 to 2 trillion galaxies in the universe. As the universe is expanding, it's estimated that the universe is about 50 billion light years in size although we can only see about 14 billion light years of it and there are galaxies moving away from us faster than we can ever visit. So while the odds are good that there may be other civilizations out there, we may be trapped in a vast ocean of space where there's no short cuts and everything is just too far apart. Also a timing issue, easy to miss one by a few million or billion years.

...and Elon musk thinks we're not even biologic we're instead sentient forms of AI within a large computer simulation ran by aliens.

And which is the latest, most fashionable physics theory that says there are infinite Alternate Universes where every possibility must then play out in every way possible in every moment of time or some such nonsense? So there must then be a version of BITOG in one of those universes where every single member for instance wears a clown suit, balances on one leg, and eats grapes while posting topics. That's possible, yes? Therefore it must exist in an Alternate Universe !!!

My theory is that the human mind can only reach a certain level of brilliance before it starts going off the rails. Bunch of loonies. ET's walking among us indeed..... Bovine Scat !!!

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
...and Elon musk thinks we're not even biologic we're instead sentient forms of AI within a large computer simulation ran by aliens.

He was referring to a thought experiment, not a real theory.

The idea is that any intelligent species will most likely develop the ability to simulate a whole universe; therefore, simulated universes will most likely outnumber real ones. That seems to imply that any given sentient being is more likely to live in a simulated universe than in a real one.

It's just a thought experiment with a result that's hard to reason around. That doesn't mean it's likely to be true.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

And which is the latest, most fashionable physics theory that says there are infinite Alternate Universes where every possibility must then play out in every way possible in every moment of time or some such nonsense? So there must then be a version of BITOG in one of those universes where every single member for instance wears a clown suit, balances on one leg, and eats grapes while posting topics. That's possible, yes? Therefore it must exist in an Alternate Universe !!!

The infinite alternate universe theory is widely held...

But I've got news for you: what you describe above...is..

OUR UNIVERSE!

The alternate universes would have a BITOG consisting solely of polite, thoughtful posters with strong analytical skills, good reading comprehension, and high IQs...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

That's a fundamental part of physics.

The light (information) has to travel across the vast distance. The very sunlight that we see looking up every day left the photosphere about eight minutes ago.

The farther you look, the deeper that you see into the past.

That's why looking at distant objects (Quasars, etc.) is so informative, we are seeing the early universe. Things as they were billions of years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back