Water pump and belt brands, GM 3.1 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just pull the lower hose off the radiator,let drain and put new coolant in when completed and not nit pick over an easy job.The best and quickest way to get the coolant drained, get it completed and move on.

Last edited:
A little tip a Nisan tech taught me, If you have a vehicle that is difficult to "burp", jack the front end up, or drive the car up onto ramps.
Let the car run for a bit like this and it will burp much more quickly than if it were on level ground.

My tech friend used to do it all the time on the 03-09 Quest vans.

Originally Posted By: cronk

A little tip a Nisan tech taught me, If you have a vehicle that is difficult to "burp", jack the front end up, or drive the car up onto ramps.
Let the car run for a bit like this and it will burp much more quickly than if it were on level ground.

My tech friend used to do it all the time on the 03-09 Quest vans.

It's an old trick Honda techs do too, I've parked my parent's 1996 Quest once up a hill and ran the car at fast idle with the radiator cap open to get the air out of the rear heating circuit.

I've never had problems getting the air out before but it was much easier with the spill free funnel. I also used the bleeder on top of the water pump housing to fill the radiator, that saved a lot of time waiting for the coolant to flow into the radiator.

The biggest issue i had was messing with the pulleys bolts, I ended up getting them off by using a wrench to hold the other ones still while loosening but tightening them back didn't go well, I could barely snug them without the pulley moving even with the belt on because the water pump pulley on these cars are smooth and run on the back side of the belt not the grooves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back