Watch out Ford! Here comes Toyota!

There are Toyota dealers charging $10-20K market adjustments on Tundras and people are gobbling them up. Yup, you can have a Capstone Tundra for close to $100k...lol. I'll drive a Prius before I ever pay that for a pickup truck. I mean it's a PICKUP TRUCK!
Toyota dealers aren't the only ones doing this.
Ford dealers have been charging $10k+ above MSRP for the EV pickup, and I have heard that the entire planned 2023 production run has already been sold.
It is a very good time to be a new car dealer right now. There are some people getting sinfully wealthy from this situation.

Last edited:
There are some people getting sinfully wealthy from this situation.

Imagine a world where all the most immoral people have the bulk of the wealth.

Wait, nevermind. Well, maybe... imagine it even moreso.

Classic in Galveston adds zero to any vehicle. Ever. They have multiple lines across brands. Mine is Ford. Best car buying experience in almost 50 years of buying cars. Could be on my last car now but if I do buy in the future they will be my first and probably only stop.

Why did one of the most reliable companies partner with one of the worst? Subaru couldn’t figure out head gaskets so they thought to just quit and try an EV?
Yeah, O.K. "Northstar" :ROFLMAO:

Toyota are a majority stakeholder in Subaru - so its Toyobaru now.

Plus, Have you ever heard of the Toyota Camry, RAV4 junk engine design called the 2AZ-FE from the same period.

Yeah, O.K. "Northstar" :ROFLMAO:

Toyota are a majority stakeholder in Subaru - so its Toyobaru now.

Plus, Have you ever heard of the Toyota Camry, RAV4 junk engine design called the 2AZ-FE from the same period.
Not perfect but far from junk. Didn’t they extend the warranty to 150k? There are millions on the road and look in any classifieds to find many with extremely high miles.

When I visited friends in Helsinki I cant say I saw too many old cars, the head gasket issues were mostly on the EJ series engines.
Finland have one of the oldest car parks in EU. Helsinki have alot of lease cars,but of course the capital city have the most wealthys people in the country. Actually you really dont see the reality of Finland when your in Helsinki, need to go north😊

Toyota dealers aren't the only ones doing this.
Ford dealers have been charging $10k+ above MSRP for the EV pickup, and I have heard that the entire planned 2023 production run has already been sold.
It is a very good time to be a new car dealer right now. There are some people getting sinfully wealthy from this situation.
Yeah, and way up from there. Kinda funny, bucause Ford manufactures them at negative margin. I believe Ford just raised Ligntning prices by about $7,500 across the board.
The Lightning sounds like a lotta fun, but that's just too much money for me. A truck is a tool. I'm sticking with my trusty old Tundra, even though it sucks the gas.

Not perfect but far from junk. Didn’t they extend the warranty to 150k? There are millions on the road and look in any classifieds to find many with extremely high miles.
Sorry. I got a bit carried away defending my wife's car choice :)
I don't really like either marque; owned enough of each to stay away.
In fact I don't think I like anything now under 27g's which is my new limit for a depreciating automotive appliances.

I guess I'll have to revert to restored, classic 60's iron. Or a nice sports car. I recall liking my fathers's 1983 944. He used to hide the keys in a decorative stein, then I would sneak a ride when he was on a business trip.
Shhh! Don't say anything!

Back