Watch out Ford! Here comes Toyota!

Seems like Toyota is extremely generous with "compensation" until the issue is resolved.

I've always been impressed by Toyota, as a company, with how they respond to issues like these.

1660065407236.png

I been chewing on buying a new car or not this year. I’m always telling my co-workers how cars made the last two years are going to be trouble in the future with the manpower shortage, parts shortage, quality of the manufacturing, quality of the 3rd party parts, etc. I should really listen to myself once in a while.

Let's keep this in perspective they're recalling 258 vehicles in total. Most recalls involve tens or a few hundred thousand vehicles, Takata recalled 67 million airbags in comparison.

Car shopping over the weekend was enlightening. If you want a Corolla XSE HB, be prepared to buy it before it arrives at the dealership. People are putting money down on in -transit vehicles because there are none on the lot, and paying $3k over sticker for the privilege. I hope interest rate hikes slow this trend down a little bit and let's the dealerships catch up on inventory.... if they even want to.

Toyota ain't hurtin'. I think a Prius could burn New York City down and people would still buy them.

Car shopping over the weekend was enlightening. If you want a Corolla XSE HB, be prepared to buy it before it arrives at the dealership. People are putting money down on in -transit vehicles because there are none on the lot, and paying $3k over sticker for the privilege. I hope interest rate hikes slow this trend down a little bit and let's the dealerships catch up on inventory.... if they even want to.

Toyota ain't hurtin'. I think a Prius could burn New York City down and people would still buy them.
My wife wanted to look at new Toyotas for fun on Sunday. We went to our local Toyota dealer. They had 3 new cars on the lot. One each, Highlander, 86, and Tacoma. They were down to about a dozen used cars and they were all priced about $8000 more than they should have been. The dealership must be hurting for cash flow.

My wife wanted to look at new Toyotas for fun on Sunday. We went to our local Toyota dealer. They had 3 new cars on the lot. One each, Highlander, 86, and Tacoma. They were down to about a dozen used cars and they were all priced about $8000 more than they should have been. The dealership must be hurting for cash flow.
I also visited a big Kia dealership that had a couple of Fortes, a couple of Sorrentos and Tellurides. The place look like they're moving out, but they're just low on cars. I can't tell if they're hurting or enjoying selling everything they get for $3,000 plus over sticker. They were very matter-of-fact about their robbery....trying to make it feel like anything different than throwing $3,000 out the car window. Love the Forte GT w/GT2 package, but I'm going to have to decide how much I love it.

The dealership must be hurting for cash flow.
No they aren't.
In reality, Toyota dealers are absolutely rolling in dough. They are taking big cash deposits on orders (money that goes straight into their bank accounts without having to give customers anything in return), selling every one of the vehicles for over MSRP, and delivering them as soon as they come off of the trucks (before they even pay for them). Furthermore, they aren't paying any floor plan interest on inventory and they have been able to cull down their staffs to bare minimum. And for the people who can't wait and need a vehicle immediately, they are selling every used vehicle they can get their hands on for whatever price the market will bare.
Toyota dealers aren't alone, ALL of the manufacturer's dealers are enjoying windfall profits right now. The worm will turn. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Why did one of the most reliable companies partner with one of the worst? Subaru couldn’t figure out head gaskets so they thought to just quit and try an EV?

Toyota has several automobile companies in their family including Subaru, Suzuki, Daihatsu, Mazda, Hino, and automotive related companies such as Denso for example.

Subaru’s automobile division is just one aspect. They are into aerospace and aviation, military and other industries.

The dealership must be hurting for cash flow.
There are Toyota dealers charging $10-20K market adjustments on Tundras and people are gobbling them up. Yup, you can have a Capstone Tundra for close to $100k...lol. I'll drive a Prius before I ever pay that for a pickup truck. I mean it's a PICKUP TRUCK!

Why did one of the most reliable companies partner with one of the worst? Subaru couldn’t figure out head gaskets so they thought to just quit and try an EV?
Never heard a Subaru that have had a head gasket issue in my country. And i know many that owns Subarus.

Back