Was I the bad guy? incident at my YMCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Or maybe just follow my original recommendation and get the [censored] out of the YMCA. No, you're not a bad guy for being upset about smelling flatulence while cycling in class. You're a bad guy for being either cheap or a bit of a control freak! You choose to go there! An autistic kid has the right to be part of society and spin with his parent and that is the exact venue for it. It's the YMCA, immortalized by the Village People!

Go to a real grown up cycling "bar" and see lovely girls in their yoga pants or dudes or whatever you're into! You might "enjoy" the people there as well. You can't always change the world to suit your needs, sometimes YOU need to change and adapt! Not the dad and the autistic child. I kind of see it as they don't have a choice where apparently you do. Grow the [censored] up with your "messiah" leader complex against a flatulent autistic kid douchbaggery...

OP/KGMTech did come back and acted very civilized...

What's with your attitude? You're sure YOU don't need to grow up?

Just look at all the fine guys that come with Humour and good suggestions and information in thread..

Source: I have a "different" kid. And she will be different all her life.

Update: It has been 2 weeks since the YMCA incident. I was not at spin class last Monday because I was out of town for a funeral, so tonight was my first Monday Spin Class since the unfortunate event.

The teacher met up with me as I walked into Y, he explained that after I left the class 2 weeks ago, he had talked with the father about the [censored] kid. The Dad was asking the teacher what could he do? The teacher recommended that they sit at back of class, instead of always using the front row. Dad agreed this would be more suitable.

So tonight before the class started, I went over and talked with the Dad. I explained that I felt badly after my outburst, I have done some research on Autism and discovered that Gastro/Intestinal issues are frequently part of the Autism spectrum. I offered my apology and the Dad was pleased to accept.

Kid still passes gas, but least now I don't get it directly, and all seems fine.

Thanks for your thoughts on my post, and please accept that my decision to apologize was so, so easy for me to do compared to the task the parents of this kid have had and will have for the rest of their lives.
Ken

Glad you apologized to the Dad ... I'm sure all involved feel better now about how it all transpired.

Good man.
cheers3.gif

I just saw this thread and please excuse me but I laughed my....off. I run everyday. There is a guy at my gym who does too. Well he passes gas often. I let it go. I did one day say "Hey you know you can't out run a f a r t on a treadmill." We both laughed.

First world stuff man. I never would have lasted 12 patrols on a Submarine if I worried about stuff like that. Not saying you are wrong to. Some people just deal with stuff differently

I am glad you guys worked it out. Would have sucked if you could not.

Great job on your part. Also great job for Dad. Now if I could just get the one guy not to Bogart the press machine for 3+ hours at my gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back