Walmart Tire and Lube

That's why I carry these portable jump starters in all my vehicles, left the lights on on my Silverado Sat. and drained the battery, got it going with a jump. :D
1641235075870.jpg

many chains hire whoever for whatever, qualified or NOT!! these days things are even worse so its a crap shoot at best!!! had a tyre patched internally at a BFGoodrich tyre store in bloomsburg a college town + the young employee damaged my 50% good $150 tyre + after confronting the manager he offered me another new tyre discounted from $200. emergencies happen + its totally pot luck!!

Bluntly put, it's a matter of class.
And being classy, I had the thought after my original response. Go someplace like a Harbor Freight or similar. The clientele likely have tools. Ask someone in the parking lot if you can borrow the needed tools. Give them a $20 for their trouble.

Maybe to get your money back for something you only needed to use once?
Not that trashy on returns on used items. Last week got stuck with cleaning liquid for carpet cleaner refilled about 15% with water because they used once.
That's why I carry these portable jump starters in all my vehicles, left the lights on on my Silverado Sat. and drained the battery, got it going with a jump. :D
View attachment 83092
Have the same and was using all week. Had to hand vehicle to wife to go to work who wants no part of jumping a vehicle in 5f weather after spending day with “certain” patients at hospital wearing form fitting N95 and garb.

I think my post was poorly written and sorry. It was $228 for battery/installed at local chain instead of $145 battery installed by Walmart(if staff existed at open centers) or DIY.

Btw I did watch video now and yup I could have removed the intake with 3 clips but whatever reason there was no handle on the old one set way in that apparently weighs close to 45 lbs.

A lot of people are out sick due to Covid.
We eat out at well know restaurants and it is now typical for wait times up to an hour and yet 30% or more of the tables are empty. They just don’t have/can’t get the staffing.
I’m just saying this because it’s not only Walmart, it’s everywhere.

Not that trashy on returns on used items. Last week got stuck with cleaning liquid for carpet cleaner refilled about 15% with water because they used once.

Have the same and was using all week. Had to hand vehicle to wife to go to work who wants no part of jumping a vehicle in 5f weather after spending day with “certain” patients at hospital wearing form fitting N95 and garb.

I think my post was poorly written and sorry. It was $228 for battery/installed at local chain instead of $145 battery installed by Walmart(if staff existed at open centers) or DIY.

Btw I did watch video now and yup I could have removed the intake with 3 clips but whatever reason there was no handle on the old one set way in that apparently weighs close to 45 lbs.
View attachment 83092
where did u pick up that nice looking jumper kit?

Most people don't carry any tools in their car since most people wouldn't know what to do with them. If you carry an emergency kit in the vehicle you probably already have those tools.
I gave each of my sons Emergency kits for their cars. Also have given them air compressors and even impact wrenches to carry in vehicles in case of tire problems on the road. Next gift will probably be a jumper set like I saw some of u are carrying these days. That is something I do not have I need to get for myself.

And being classy, I had the thought after my original response. Go someplace like a Harbor Freight or similar. The clientele likely have tools. Ask someone in the parking lot if you can borrow the needed tools. Give them a $20 for their trouble.

Exactly!
That same mentality is why there are USED bottles of motor oil on the shelves @ Walmart.
After all, they only used it once..........

A lot of people are out sick due to Covid.
We eat out at well know restaurants and it is now typical for wait times up to an hour and yet 30% or more of the tables are empty. They just don’t have/can’t get the staffing.
I’m just saying this because it’s not only Walmart, it’s everywhere.
Very true.....but some just like to pick on Wal Mart or whatever store...

AAA will bring out a battery for a Pilot to members for $138 non members $163.
No fuss no muss make a phone call and hand them Mr. plastic.
Last time I checked.
I did not know they would do non member. I would have paid $200+ to have it done in driveway of ski home. Thanks for tip.

Ordered from Amazon.
Thanks, I am ordering two of them tonight. I need all the road emergency / safety supplies I can get these days. Its a bit threatening to travel by car knowing u just can't jump out and swap out a tire or a battery like its nothing anymore. Plan to join AAA soon. It is a little reassuring to know there are some good folks still out there. Once had a blow out returning from a Super Chevy Car Show 90 mi from home. Doing 70 mph was not too easy stopping that car in one piece. Before I could think what happened, I looked up and there were two giant young guys in their Marine fatigues. They had been following me and watching my Chevelle cruise down the interstate. Told me they were witnesses to the blow out and my stunt driving pull over and stopping in one piece. They jumped into action and before you could blink they had my spare installed and offered to follow me all the way home. I tried like hell to get them to take some cash and they kept refusing. One home, I asked them to give me the priveledge of buying them supper and drinks or? I would not let them leave until they accepted some cash. I was proud to give it to them. You never know what you will encounter on the highways some times. That was a lucky good ending.

Back