Walmart SuperTech SAE 30 CF-2

Blackstone VOA. Looks like...oil.

6ed757ac-9d8e-40ca-9f5c-d42b49f05c86.55b26c05792de21f618afd96edbcecec.jpeg
3b044bc8-ff5d-4c41-93a4-eba50bc81293.15d148a76c34a63818f0307614d2064d.jpeg
WalmartSuperTechSAE30CF2.jpg

I like the flashpoint which straight weights often excel at.
Doesn't have a high TBN new, but an oil with a lower TBN in my opinion offers a little more wear protection. Just don't do extended oil changes
on such oil.

I'm surprised walmart is expecting to sell enough of "old tractor oil" to justify selling it under their own brand. I can't imagine someone doing an oil change on an old Detroit is going to buy a bunch of gallon jungs.

Is it wet clutch rated for ATV/Motrocycles?

I was expecting a slug of ZDDP in this stuff. But then, I remember reading a Detroit Diesel service manual a while ago, they needed specific oil for their 2-strokes.

I was expecting a slug of ZDDP in this stuff. But then, I remember reading a Detroit Diesel service manual a while ago, they needed specific oil for their 2-strokes.
The Detroit's need a low ash oil as they form deposits when they burn oil (and they can burn a lot). Metallic additives such as phosphorus and zinc can't be to high as they are the main contributors to ash levels.

I'm surprised walmart is expecting to sell enough of "old tractor oil" to justify selling it under their own brand. I can't imagine someone doing an oil change on an old Detroit is going to buy a bunch of gallon jungs.

Is it wet clutch rated for ATV/Motrocycles?
I use it with success in my KTM 500 which is wet Clutch. Same Clutch grab as the Motorex. I don't know about wear metals vs Motorex but it's worked for me last 3 changes.

Walmart sold a bunch of 2 gallon jugs of this stuff a few years ago on clearance, I think for right around 1💵/quart

I’ve been dumping it in my ol’ Ford tractor & in my International Harvester 6.9 Liter Diesel engine in my 1985 F250. That engine specs calls for a CC/CD oil.

I still see it in stores,
but only in the 1 gallon jug size .. ?!?

Walmart sold a bunch of 2 gallon jugs of this stuff a few years ago on clearance, I think for right around 1💵/quart

I’ve been dumping it in my ol’ Ford tractor & in my International Harvester 6.9 Liter Diesel engine in my 1985 F250. That engine specs calls for a CC/CD oil.

Only ever saw it at my Wal Mart in 1 gal jugs.

It would work in the 6.9, but I wouldn’t go too far on it, TBN is pretty low. I used a whole bunch of AZ clearance Delo 400 SAE 30 CH-4 in my 7.3 & GM 6.2 NA IDIs, finally ran out & now using Delvac 1300 15W40.

Whoa! Are you rolling coal all the time?

No, it burns really clean…… It smokes a little bit at idle when it’s first warming up, but I run a waste motor oil (WMO) blend in the fuel, anyway.
The only other time it smokes, is when pulling a heavy load up a hill. But that’s black smoke, not blue smoke. All 6.9 and 7.3 IDI’s do it, it’s a common characteristic. There is a turbo charger planned in the NEAR future.

I used to have a really worn out Chevy 283 in an old Chevy truck, it burned a quart of oil every 40-50 miles. It got 14 miles per gallon (or 14 miles per 4 quarts of gasoline) . . .
So I was kind of driving around on 16:1 mix 😂😂😂😂😂

Back