Walmart is taking over the world...with their own brand of coolants

Correction: Final Charge is not "forever" coolant. It's 1,000,000 mile coolant. For an OTR truck a million miles may not be huge, but for passenger vehicles it may as well be forever.

Walmart already put the big squeeze on the other engine oil brands with Supertech engine oils. The trend will continue as Walmart is concerned about margin and profits. Antifreeze and filters now, what's next?
supertech turbo kits and supertech 12' subwoofers

And it's prediluted so you can get approved water!
Lowest bidder and trending the cost downward so the supplier doesn’t get dropped.

Not sure if the “water” is used coolant, bilge water, ports-potty juice, or urine…. May depend upon the color you buy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-225053.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-225053.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart doesn't make the coolant. They contract with Peak, Prestone, Reochem, etc. to bottle it in Supertech containers. They probably buy rail tanker quantities and get a huge volume discount which they can pass on to end users.

yes i know that.. walmart doesnt make any of their named products. From chips to dishwashing liquid to oil.. Im saying that the walmart label is just a sticker or label for companies that cant sell as much volume with their own name.

Walmart doesn't make the coolant. They contract with Peak, Prestone, Reochem, etc. to bottle it in Supertech containers. They probably buy rail tanker quantities and get a huge volume discount which they can pass on to end users.

But this puzzles me b/c these companies are then canabalizing their own sales. What type of contract would be involved for them to do this? Unless either the markup on their product is astronomical (unlikely, it's probably contractually fixed or topped out). Or WM is taking a loss or using it as a break even or loss leader. Regardless, it's 30% less than the big brands, so someone is eating that.

So is the Supertech brand the exact same formula as the Recochem brand? Recochem manufacture's for both. Thanks in advance!

Companies often prioritize short term profit over long term sales. Better for Prestone to sell a million gallons at once to Walmart under the Supertech name for $5M then to sell that much to 100 different stores over 6 months for $8M.
Or risk one of their competitors taking the deal instead

Look at Napa, they have their own, that I know is manufactured by Peak, right now it's on sale cheaper than Walmart.. it's Napa Orange, red, blue ETC.. version of Peaks Original equipment technology antifreeze..

It’s all Prestone, sans Cor-Guard. I’ll pass - I’ll use real Prestone AMAM.

Kost is a packager. Look at the front and back labels. Old World Industries/CCI puts a 3-4 digit code and a small QR code on all their coolants. Prestone(KIK) prints a 5 digit code starting with MT on their bottles in the back.

It’s all Prestone, sans Cor-Guard. I’ll pass - I’ll use real Prestone AMAM.

Kost is a packager. Look at the front and back labels. Old World Industries/CCI puts a 3-4 digit code and a small QR code on all their coolants. Prestone(KIK) prints a 5 digit code starting with MT on their bottles in the back.
What is wrong with Prestone cor-guard that is supposed to be recommended, by Ford to replace to there orange coolant, in select vehicles.. and what is wrong with Peak?

Last edited:
What is wrong with Prestone cor-guard that is supposed to be recommended, by Ford to replace to there orange coolant, in select vehicles.. and what is wrong with Peak?
Nothing - Cor-Guard’s fine but the taste of 2-EHA on silicones and nylon plastics. Though, sebacic acid is part of the Dex-Cool formula and the main OAT in Toyota’s coolant. I’m running Cor-Guard in a Toyota now - since the original pink coolant ate through silicone, I’m thinking Cor-Guard might fare better.

Peak is the biggest bottler of coolant. Prestone has stronger brand recognition.

Back