Walmart Canada's SuperTech Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... To me is unclear at this point but does anyone know who bottles Wal-Mart Canada’s Supertech synthetic motor oil.

I haven’t had the chance to pull the UPC code from one of their bottles here in Canada (Ontario – GTA), but if I do a search on Walmart MSDS website, I get several hits on their synthetic list (motor oil)…

I am looking at their 5W20 if it makes a difference, and I do recall it noted “Made in Canada” but don’t quote me on this 

Thanks guys..

IIRC, this was disucssed once before and Safety Kleen(Clean) comes to mind. Im not sure on the spelling or if they're even a company/blender. I may have this wrong all together. Memmory doesn't work as well as it used to LOL, and my search function is about the same.

Since Safety Kleen is a recycler of oil, is it possible to use recycled oil and then process it into groupIII??

Would this process be cost effective?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
IIRC, this was disucssed once before and Safety Kleen(Clean) comes to mind. Im not sure on the spelling or if they're even a company/blender. I may have this wrong all together. Memmory doesn't work as well as it used to LOL, and my search function is about the same.

Safety-Kleen does make all the SuperTech oil in Canada, and they are all re-refined oils. The Supertech syn is a re-refined group III oil. If you search their site, you can find PDS's for a 0W-30, 5W-30, and 10W-30 oils, which are what WM offers.

SK has a Performance Plus line that does not indicate it is made with any recycled oil..

And they make the note as follows:

Performance Plus engine oil is a premium engine oil formulated with high quality, High VI base oils and high performance additives to provide the deposit, wear and corrosion control demanded by modern engines.
Performance Plus is available in 5W30, 5W20, 10W30 and 15W40.

This value brand of oil is sold as a branded or private label product. Available in packaged or bulk containers

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Safety-Kleen does make all the SuperTech oil in Canada, and they are all re-refined oils. The Supertech syn is a re-refined group III oil. If you search their site, you can find PDS's for a 0W-30, 5W-30, and 10W-30 oils, which are what WM offers.

He guys.. I went to Walmart yesterday and pulled off the UPC # from their SuperTech (79106 08021),. but for wht ever reason on Walmarts MSDS site, this part does not come up.. Any suggestions?.

Also, while I was their, I noitced that the bottle for WM's Sythentic Supertech only is the same bottle that Esso uses for their XD-3.. Wonder if WM's Canadian supplier for their Sythentic is Esso... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, here in the states, not only does Warren Performance Products(WPP) bottle some of W*M's ST dino oils but, so does Exxon/Mobil(EOM)...Though, I have only seen the W*M Syn as being bottled by WPP here in the U.S.(this may change by location). When we[family] travel on vacation, we always look for similar suroundings such as W*M for items such as sun screen and other personal products. While shopping at W*M in other states(FL, NC, SC,VA, AZ, NV, NY), I scroll down the oil aisles and do what many others do; I look at oil! Also scroll thorugh car care products, sporting goods, medications and T-Shirts! I've never seen W*M's Syn being made by any other formulator/blender than WPP.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

On the label of a purchase last week it said meets spec III and spec IV.

hmmm what am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back