Wal-Mart now allows only 3 boxes of ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 6 boxes of Blazer Brass .40S&W yesterday at Wal-Mart (a buddy actually called me during church! haha), limited to 6 boxes. That's fine, I was down to my last 2 boxes, and really should not have spent the $$ anyway.

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
Ok, I understand your analogy better (I should have paid more attention to "Breaking Bad"), but if you take your wife with you, she can't buy ammo also? That's discrimination. Walmart has gotten sued for less and lost.
I'm not sure why so many people are stockpiling ammo anyway. If it's for a go-to-war/armageddon situation, I can't imagine why you'd ever need that much. I mean, how many people do you plan on killing? If it's for hunting, you'd never use that much. If it's for practice, you'd be better off getting a progressive loader with part of what you are spending for ammo, and reloading your practice shells for a fraction of what new ammunition cost.
Now, if the zombies attack, that's a different story...

Yup, just preparing for the inevitable apocalypse of zombies.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: rg200amp
The wallmart near me gets ammo on thursday. They do not stock the case at all. They just put the whole skid on the floor infront of the case as soon as it comes in and theres a line just waiting for it.

Also, a guy buys one skid a month, every month, of any ammo that comes in onit.(usally not a heck of alot). He slips the store manager 200 bucks cash every time.
frown.gif

I will not post what store or who, but my source is trustworthy.

Be happy you can pick it off a skid. In Ontario, Canada, we're treated like hit men when we ask for a box of rounds.
smirk2.gif

Metric hit men!!!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
Two people = one person. Must be the new math.

Its just the way rules work. When I was TABC certified to sell and serve alcohol we learned about customers coming in together. Its the reason you get your ID checked when your spouse or friend is buying beer and you walk up because you have to assume they're buying it to share with that second friend/spouse. It seems silly to apply it to ammo though.

^^^That doesn't work either. It is not a companies place to question who the product is being purchased for. IT is their responsibility to know who they are selling the product to.

After the product is sold the company is released of liability.

As to the person with the 30 people response.

Are you saying that if you and your buddies are going to the range and you stop to get ammo that you should be treated as one person? That would be a really short range day
frown.gif

Bought a 9mm pistol. Now no ammo.

I hate when you don't need something it is plentiful, when you need it it is no where to be found.

The local Academy now has a sign up limiting folks to five boxes. I asked a guy behind the counter how the ammo sales had been lately. He said demand for tactical rifles/ammo had slowed a bit but pistols were high and deer guns/ammo were starting to dwindle with hunting season approaching.

Today was the first time in a long time (months) that I have been able to buy ammo at Wal-Mart. I was there to get some other stuff I needed but I always check out the sporting goods place where they keep the ammo and I always check out the motor oil area.

I was able to get three boxes of 9 mm ammo. It is Federal (the guy told me Federal has bought out Blazer). The cartridge cases are brass but they can't be reused according to what the guy told me. Only about $9.00-$10.00 a box. I wish I could have bought ten boxes.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Today was the first time in a long time (months) that I have been able to buy ammo at Wal-Mart. I was there to get some other stuff I needed but I always check out the sporting goods place where they keep the ammo and I always check out the motor oil area.

I was able to get three boxes of 9 mm ammo. It is Federal (the guy told me Federal has bought out Blazer). The cartridge cases are brass but they can't be reused according to what the guy told me. Only about $9.00-$10.00 a box. I wish I could have bought ten boxes.

That's funny, I do the exact same thing! Always on the look out for an oil deal.

I don't know if the guy at the Wal-Mart sporting goods area knew what he was talking about or not. I was just happy to be able to get three boxes of 9 mm ammo for between $9.00-$10.00 a box. I wish I could have got 10 boxes like I said above. The ammo said Federal on the boxes.

And yes, I always check the motor oil. But I was disappointed because I could not find the Mobil 1 High Mileage in 5W30 viscosity-only 10W-40 viscosity. I have been thinking about using that Mobil 1 HM oil after I finish the rinse phase of my Auto-RX cleaning.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I think you were fed a line of [censored] by that guy.

Nope. ATK owns CCI, Federal and many many more now. I do think that Blazer ammo is made at the same factories that make Federal ammo.

Look here for ATK companies

Bill

9 mm ammo. It is Federal (the guy told me Federal has bought out Blazer). The cartridge cases are brass but they can't be reused according to what the guy told me. Only about $9.00-$10.00 a box. I wish I could have bought ten boxes.

If it was "Blazer Brass" (gold box) it is reloadable. If it was "blazer" it is aluminum cased and MIGHT be reloadable a time or two. Most do not reload the aluminum cases. I did a few and had no problems.

It is not Federal ammo It is Blazer ammo. Think Wix and NAPA.

Originally Posted By: iontrap

That's funny, I do the exact same thing! Always on the look out for an oil deal.

closest Wal-Mart is around 50 Miles north or south, we dont allow it in Santa Barbara. whenever i have the urge for Red Robin and drive to Santa Maria or Ventura i cruise Wal-Mart for ammo and oil. they never seem to have anything i need.

i just bought some cheapy American Eagle .40 at a gun store in Santa Maria. they actually had no limit, so i just got some for when i go to Front Sight.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

we dont allow it in Santa Barbara.

Above the riff raft that allows Wal-Marts in their cities?
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back