Wal-Mart now allows only 3 boxes of ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the local walmarts just started limiting to 6 boxes per day, per customer.

The cashier really upset me. The missus and I walked up to the counter. They had plenty of boxes of cci mini-mags. I said, I'll take 6 and she'll take 6.

The clerk responded with, "I cant do that because you're together. So you're one customer. It's only fair that way."

Woah, luckily the missus knows how to keep me calm. I was livid.

I called my brother to get 6 boxes. By the time he got there, about 20 minutes, all boxes were gone
frown.gif

Last edited:
SCORE! 4 bricks of Remington tonight! They had 2-3 more but why be greedy. It's as if I'm stashing oil! Wait a second....

Originally Posted By: Brien
The clerk responded with, "I cant do that because you're together. So you're one customer. It's only fair that way."

While technically thats probably true according to store policy its still silly that they enforced it like that.

I finally located a gunshop where for whatever reason they seem to have ammo when nobody else does. I asked them how they were able to get ammo and they wanted to keep it secret. So far I have been able to buy boxes of .40 cal at this place-three boxes at a time. I was tempted to buy more to be safe. They have good quality ammo. I shot some ammo recently so I have a small stockpile of six boxes of ammo.

Quote:
I have a small stockpile of six boxes of ammo.

Six boxes? Holy cow. I have a minimum of 1000 rounds of 9mm, .40 cal & .45 cal pistol ammo. For my rifles, I have 2k+ rounds of .308 & 4k+ rounds of .223 with the ability to reload both at any given moment...
39.gif

"It's better to be the wolf than the sheep"

Well, if I could have gotten the same deal that the woman at work told me about I probably would have had 1000 rounds of .40 cal. It is hard around here right now to find a few boxes of ammo.

Some of the local walmarts have been getting Federal Lightning 50 round boxes in at $1.47 each.

They havent had those in like a year.

I snap up 6 of those at <$10 everytime :)

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Originally Posted By: Brien

While technically thats probably true according to store policy its still silly that they enforced it like that.

what's the cashier supposed to say when the records show she sold 6 boxes to one person? Acting like 3 boxes of ammo is going to see you through end times is ******tery anyway.

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
Two people = one person. Must be the new math.

using that logic a person could bring 30 people with them in line and get 30 person's worth of ephedrine for instance.

They're saying six boxes per person per day down here. I took a picture and will post it for anybody who doesn't believe me (j/k, but I will post the picture if asked).

Six boxes is bretty standard. That's the way it is for every one I've been to in North Louisiana and Northeast Texas.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
Two people = one person. Must be the new math.

using that logic a person could bring 30 people with them in line and get 30 person's worth of ephedrine for instance.

Assuming ephedrine is a prescription drug (not my line of work, and I don't know), and all those 30 people were of legal age, had valid prescriptions and the money, I see no reason why they couldn't buy 31 person's worth of it (the person and the 30 people he brought). There is nothing wrong with the logic.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
They're saying six boxes per person per day down here. I took a picture and will post it for anybody who doesn't believe me (j/k, but I will post the picture if asked).
Same here now.

Six boxes IF there was any to buy.

Tons of shotgun shells. But 22lr to most pistol ammo? no chance...

Ephedrine/Psuedoephedrine are OTC but held behind the counter in most states due to meth cookers. SOP is you provide yor license and they write it down.

Ok, I understand your analogy better (I should have paid more attention to "Breaking Bad"), but if you take your wife with you, she can't buy ammo also? That's discrimination. Walmart has gotten sued for less and lost.
I'm not sure why so many people are stockpiling ammo anyway. If it's for a go-to-war/armageddon situation, I can't imagine why you'd ever need that much. I mean, how many people do you plan on killing? If it's for hunting, you'd never use that much. If it's for practice, you'd be better off getting a progressive loader with part of what you are spending for ammo, and reloading your practice shells for a fraction of what new ammunition cost.
Now, if the zombies attack, that's a different story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back