Wal-Mart now allows only 3 boxes of ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You usually have to fax in a photocopy of your driver's license to verify legitimate age though.

Also, almost all dealers online are sold out, or rediculously high priced.

The local "El Marto del Wal" does not limit purchases here. I bought 250 rounds of Blazer 9mm Brass about a week ago. The guy in front of me bought a case (yes 1,000 rounds) of Blazer in .40. I haven't seen any .45 in there in months tho.

I heard recently that over 1 billion rounds of ammunition has been sold in the first few months of this year. In addition, people have bought a lot of handguns, rifles, and shotguns.

At least that many.
whistle.gif

I went to a few places this week during work and NO ONE had anything but larger rifle rounds (like $50 per 20 rounds)

Shotguns are plentiful as ammo (even at Wal-Mart)

But everything else is major gone.

Stay tuned, its going to get interesting.

Went out today and blew off about 400 rounds. Did REAL well today with every thing I shot.
thumbsup2.gif

Bill

SCORE! Well, my Wal-Mart HAS actually started rationing. However, they are limiting people to 6 boxes per day. They said it has really helped. I walked by the case hoping to pick up some more .30-30 but saw none. No .22 either. But low and behold, there were 10 boxes of 50 round 180 gr. Blazer Brass .40 S&W. I got 6 boxes and a guy walked up right behind me and got the other 4. Okay, so I feel sufficiently stocked up now.

Last Friday I happened upon 6 boxes of Blazer Brass .40 S&W also at Wal-Mart....going to try again tomorrow, but really should not be spending the money. Get it while you can though!

An outdoor range here in town has now allowed the use of alloy casing (as opposed to brass) because it is more readily available hmmmmm.

Oddly enough, I went to Academy Sporting Goods yesterday and while there were no hangun loads of any caliber except for .45 long Colt, there were oodles and oodles of .223. Weird considering they said the average shelf to sale time of their various AR's is 1-2 days these days.

Plus stock up ammunition,there is going to be huge tax on ammunition thanks to our stupid president Obama

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Plus stock up ammunition,there is going to be huge tax on ammunition thanks to our stupid president Obama

Care to spread any more rumors while you're online?

This is true,a huge tax on Ammunition has happened in a few states so far.THe NRA probally knows about it already

Wafred, where? I have not seen a single piece of information ANYWHEre about any huge ammo taxes. It's all just hearsay.

While the head of the current regime most definitely supports a punitive tax increase on ammo, politically he knows it's a losing proposition and won't touch it until at least after 2012.

Of course, I bought tons of ammo six years ago when it was cheap, so I don't have to worry about it as much as other people.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to hide in my ammo fort.

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
This is true,a huge tax on Ammunition has happened in a few states so far.THe NRA probally knows about it already

Of course they'd be the first to know but right now they're just spreading rumors to undermine a democratic president.

Originally Posted By: labman
The enlightened legislators in Montana have exempted anything made and used in Montana from federal regulations, http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

I hope those voting for that bill fare well in the next election.

I like that they are making waves but I doubt that would hold up in Federal court...given the current state of the Supreme Counsel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back