Wagon superiority thread

Never before had anyone raised my self-esteem the way you did in that paragraph.
Makes me wanna go out to my 1995 Odyssey right now, go for a night drive, and blast some Nirvana & Bon Jovi with the windows down. Then finish off with a Nightcall by Kavinsky before hitting the hay...
With that level of self esteem, you can admit you like the Bay City Rollers.

Last edited:
Snowy mountain pass (Loveland). AWD, Brembos, 6 speed.

The perfect car.

Attachments

• IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 10
This past weekend at VIR with the Tidewater Sports Car Club's December to VIRemember HPDE. Showing the sports cars what an awd station wagon with a 1.8L turbo engine and dual clutch auto can do! Topped out at 141mph on the back straight which is the fastest I've gotten it going and got up the Uphill Esses at ~115mph. Great weekend (Saturday at least...Sunday was rain but I hit it anyway!). Lots of videos up on my Youtube channel...check them out and subscribe!

A few videos on board with the #38 Wagon Queen Family Truckster p/b HPL:

A93A4155.jpg
A93A6766.jpg

a

This past weekend at VIR with the Tidewater Sports Car Club's December to VIRemember HPDE. Showing the sports cars what an awd station wagon with a 1.8L turbo engine and dual clutch auto can do! Topped out at 141mph on the back straight which is the fastest I've gotten it going and got up the Uphill Esses at ~115mph. Great weekend (Saturday at least...Sunday was rain but I hit it anyway!). Lots of videos up on my Youtube channel...check them out and subscribe!

A few videos on board with the #38 Wagon Queen Family Truckster p/b HPL:

View attachment 192806View attachment 192807
a

I just watched your year end video and I agree your car will be fixed next year with the new front facade and headlamps. I also think the racing seat is a good idea since it appears that the vehicle is trending towards "track only" usage. Nice garage btw. Jealous.

I just watched your year end video and I agree your car will be fixed next year with the new front facade and headlamps. I also think the racing seat is a good idea since it appears that the vehicle is trending towards "track only" usage. Nice garage btw. Jealous.
I've just not spent much on show vs. go. It will stay a street car and I will likely just swap the fixed-back in/out as needed but we'll see how it is...I drive it daily but not far but I'm hung on the loss of side airbags TBH...it does have curtains....

I've just not spent much on show vs. go. It will stay a street car and I will likely just swap the fixed-back in/out as needed but we'll see how it is...I drive it daily but not far but I'm hung on the loss of side airbags TBH...it does have curtains....
Going from memory wouldn't the bolsters of racing seat somewhat negate the need for the side airbags? With the stock seats I can see how a side impact would force the car to shift underneath you forcing your body to shift on the seat and impact the driver door/frame.

Going from memory wouldn't the bolsters of racing seat somewhat negate the need for the side airbags? With the stock seats I can see how a side impact would force the car to shift underneath you forcing your body to shift on the seat and impact the driver door/frame.
Interesting, I never thought of that! The side bags I believe look like little pillows that come out but yes, the bolsters on a race seat will keep you more planted. You have to run an air-bag canceller to kill the air bag fault and ensure your others work properly.

Interesting, I never thought of that! The side bags I believe look like little pillows that come out but yes, the bolsters on a race seat will keep you more planted. You have to run an air-bag canceller to kill the air bag fault and ensure your others work properly.
Physics ! Both you and the car are separate mass bodies. It's way for example without seatbelts you fly through the windshield or crash the dash during a frontal impact. The vehicle has stopped but your body has not.

It's basically a larger prius and has a stretched cargo area. That's so much like sw to me.
Sure, but it's still a 5-door hatch like so many and doesn't meet the requirements of being a station wagon based on a multidude of factors. Namely, the cargo area isn't large enough to be a station wagon in the classic sense. I don't believe there is another car that is a sedan (or could be a hatch) that is a direct (as in shares the same sheet metal) version of this which is the other classic determining factor. It's close...but a 5-door hatch.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 155117.png
Screenshot 2023-12-15 155408.png

Back