Wagon superiority thread

So just because the rear glass is not of "traditional" shape? Even Car&Driver seemed confused.

SmartSelect_20231215_170846_Chrome.jpg

So just because the rear glass is not of "traditional" shape? Even Car&Driver seemed confused.

View attachment 193133

Give these 2 rules a whirl and see how the Prius shakes out - I'm going with you don't have enough cargo area coverage. I'm not sure TBH but I can tell you...that thing ain't no station wagon 🤣

To me, it will come down to the r. roof's coverage of the cargo area and again, to me, unless there is a sedan or other direct relative in the lineup (as in same sheet metal without the rear extended cargo area), it's not a station wagon by most wagon afficianado's. I don't bleieve this vehicle was ever listed by Car and Driver etc. as a station wagon in their "here's all the station wagons you can buy in XXXX year". It just looks too short to me. I suggest you join Wagon Elitist Jerks FB group, post this, and watch how quickly it turns into a 200+ response thread complete with bans, threats of life/limb, etc.

I don't trust "greencarreports" as any authority on such a touchy subject. Any car mag that calls it a wagon then ok.

My tastes vary all over, 68 or 69 AMC Ambassador, 80s Peugeot 505 turbodiesel with a stick, and my first Opel, a 69 Kadett 1.9 would be welcome here anytime.

W8 Passat all cleaned up and ready to roll down to the Tail of The Dragon for Wookies in The Woods 2024. Hope she makes it there/back! I've done a lot of maintenance over the last few mos so should be smooth sailing. Running HPL 5W40 in this one with Maxlife ATF for the TipTragic auto and Redline gear oils in the rear/center/front boxes. I got it in today and got a brake pad warning light (too thin), I have ~50% of my front pads left (looks like the sensor insert is at ~6mm/50% so probably just old/broke early) and these are ~$150 pads (4 per side!) so after inspecting it, just cut the wires to the pad sensor and jumped it. Warning light issue solved.

1000018148.jpg

Last edited:
Back