Wagon superiority thread

A wagon isn't a wagon until it has a cat urine soaked couch strapped to its roof. Just sayin'.

Attachments

• DSC00140.jpg
    DSC00140.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 16
I remember the floor metal design imprinted on my face sleeping on the floor above the spare tire back in the day. The drone of the drive train and the hum of bias ply's over expansion joint's like a lullaby.

I have a 1896 Volvo 850 T5 wagon. Passenger seat folds, so it can be loaded to the dash on that side. My wife has a 2005 Nissan Expert, this is a commercial wagon, specifically for cargo, passengers are a secondary function, basic options...or at least no options - no ABS, single airbag, manual rear windows. Rear seat folds flat and has a cargo bar, slightly more room in side than the Volvo, mainly height. Wagons are the best use of a vehicle for us.

006.jpg
2016-04-16 14.37.09.jpg
2016-04-16 14.36.35.jpg

Last edited:
My 2017 MINI Clubman S ALL4. Manual Transmission.
These are cool but definately push the limits of what is/isn't a station wagon vs. a hatchback.

Is it a station wagon? No. Start your own thread called "hot hatch superiority thread". Thanks in advance. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Ok, ok, ok...what about an Alfa? It's certainly not an off-road monster SUV ;-)

Ok, ok, ok...what about an Alfa? It's certainly not an off-road monster SUV ;-)

Alpha is a crossover. Fail.

If everyone could please read the following regarding what is a station wagon or not before posting your hatchback, CUV, or wahtever you think is station wagon but isn't, that would be great...thanks...ahhaahahha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Everyone wants to be in the cool-guy wagon club but we don't' give participation trophy's out.

If everyone could please read the following regarding what is a station wagon or not before posting your hatchback, CUV, or wahtever you think is station wagon but isn't, that would be great...thanks...ahhaahahha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Everyone wants to be in the cool-guy wagon club but we don't' give participation trophy's out.

According to Car and Driver I'm good.

CarAndDriver said:
Now, does this mean that the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen isn’t a wagon? Its length-to-width ratio comes up a little short, according to our definition. But surely the Golf is a wagon and so is the Subaru Outback, which by virtue of its prodigious ground clearance doesn’t quite stack up, either. Yet, they both look the part, and each has a long lineage as a wagon. Math be ****ed then—the elephant test is good enough for us. When it comes to wagons, we know one when we see it.

Not everyone had a Vista Cruiser or a Fairlane wagon with the peeling wood grain side accents.

Wagons back in the day had a tailgate. Hatches were not a thing yet. Higher end models had a electric rear window. Lower end models had the hand crank version. Both were problematic and usually required another set of hands to pull up on the glass while the other person pushed the button or cranked.

Back