VW OE G055025a2 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
VW Passat 2005/2006 2.0 FSI BLRengine BLR.

It has AISIN WARNER 6 speed Transm. HXJ Type AQ250/TF-60SN/09G;

Now I want to have them do static change of oil in it (not machine pressurized), drop pan, replace filter+seal, add 4L.
total fluid in it is 7l. Question I have. For this transmission VW OE speced is G055025a2. Price per liter is $50. Not that it matters to me,
but as a matter of principle I do not pay for over engineered aspirations and hate being milked by the pretense of quality
especially that this is a fine Japanese transmission so I think there is no need to make it worse by putting VW stuff in there.

Question I have.

Is it sufficient I put:

OIl that only meets Dexron T III
OIl that only meets Dexron T iV
OIl that only meets JSW 3309

as it happens in Poland where I am located now I see shelves FULL of this Mannol.
Allegedly this is a marketing outfit in UK making stuff in Lithuania (weird because their site looks like in Germany).
Prices are best I can see on this market in Poland so far. I found ATF multi vehicle meeting

MANNOL ATF MULTIVEHICLE JWS3309 DEXRON III T-IV 4L for $15 for 4 FOUR liter.
It meets unknown to me norm JASO 315 1A (no idea what it is and if relevant for my choice)
According to their website that I do not particularly trust that oil fits VW Passat 2006 3C2 with this AISIN transmission.

https://sct-catalogue.de/index.php?...tem_code=SCT_ATFMULTIVEHICLE&return=

May I ask if those well versed in chemical standards would kindly reply if this oil should be fine to replace the overpriced VW OE G055025a2.
Based on my research the outrageously priced VW OE G055025a2 is equivalent to just ATF III H
spec....so I could even get just an easily found ATF III H

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Toyota WS or equivalent is what you want.

No, the second gen 09G uses WS.

The 05/06 uses T-IV.

Thank for the posts (you guys ROCK, unlike the VW/Porsche dealers that offered me $50 per quart of OE G055025a2 oil and claimed it was a DSG/DCT transmission!)
This is a 2005 VW so I think this is 2004/2005/2006 made transmission

Automatic Transmission, 6-speed; Elastomer;
for manufacturer AISIN WARNER; Piece; No. of
holes 1 8; Transm. Type AQ250;
Transm. Type TF-60SN; Transm. Type 09G;

So am I safe to assume MANNOL ATF MULTIVEHICLE JWS3309 DEXRON III T-IV would be fine...
https://sct-catalogue.de/index.php?...tem_code=SCT_ATFMULTIVEHICLE&return=

Last edited:
It lists Aisin /Warner 3309 in the spec so it should be fine. I had a 2006 Ford Mercury Milan with the A/W 6 speed,I picked up T IV at the local Toyota dealer.

OK, so this is kinda related:

My niece had a 2006 Ford Fusion that used the Aisin AWF21 transaxle. The Ford-recommended FNR5 wicked-expensive fluid is actually re-branded JWS3309, which is also called Toyota T-IV. Coincidentally, the dipstick said T-IV on it. Long story short, It turned out that Ford FNR5 and Toyota T-IV are both actually Mobil 3309. The good news was that Toyota T-IV was a LOT less expensive than the Ford fluid.

Yes, I would use that Mannol fluid.

*EDIT* I see Dan55 beat me to it...

Originally Posted by tadeusztomaszew
this is a fine Japanese transmission so I think there is no need to make it worse by putting VW stuff in there.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Toyota WS or equivalent is what you want.

WS what crap oil, unless it has a external air to air cooler on it like the Toyota trucks or most late model Lexus cars, the oil degrades SO fricken fast. At 22,000 I dumped my wife's Rav4 and the oil burn't to heck, brown black. I got sick in the garage just by draining it. A slodder house would be a nice prairie breeze compared to that. I replaced 100% of it with Redline D6 it took 12 Qt to flow through to get somewhat clean ATF. The jury is still out that WS is a semi-synthetic, makes sense since it is totally toasted at 22,000 with a women driver. If I buy a new Toyota I will run WS crap 5,000 miles and dump it. Just like Toyota and it's crap metallurgy on sub-frames, suspension pieces, and nut & bolt anti-corrosion plating, Toyota goes cheap on what you can't see.

Find an alternative to WS is my 2 cents. MaxLife if you want to go on the cheaper price side. Redline or Amsoil would be my top choices. I think all three here are an alternative to WS on their bottles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by tadeusztomaszew
this is a fine Japanese transmission so I think there is no need to make it worse by putting VW stuff in there.
lol.gif

I I do apologize if anyone is offended but as a Californian and a European as well to have lived for years in Europe.
I just do not buy ANY Made in Germany products due to serious issues with their reliability, longevity and design.
Including the deceitful marketing claims we have had in US regarding emissions. only misrepresentation that US gov had the money and guts to pursue.

Wherever I see MADE IN GERMANY or made by a German company. I stay clear of such products. period.

I have had my load of VW(Audi Porsche)/BMW/MBenz... never again. Just a personal choice...

Originally Posted by UG_Passat

My mechanic put in Pentosin ATF-1 (which is supposed to be a synthetic ATF), which I insisted to put in Lubegard Platinum also on my 09M transmission (higher torque capacity)

Your Amsoil options are:
Signature Series
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...omatic-transmission-fluid/?code=ATFQT-EA

OE
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...omatic-transmission-fluid/?code=OTFQT-EA

The WS is the "Fuel Efficient" version (which is a low-viscosity ATF fluid)

MUCH APPRECIATED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back