VW/AUDI DSG FLUID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the recent VAG recall, you don't want a high end synthetic fluid in there. VAG went back to specifying mineral fluid (G052512A2). Possibly this varies by application though...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Judging by the recent VAG recall, you don't want a high end synthetic fluid in there. VAG went back to specifying mineral fluid (G052512A2).

Really? Why is that?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Really? Why is that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ight-fuses.html

Seems to be a DQ200 issue only. Not sure which DSG trans the OP has.

Given the OP is in Canada, and as AFAIK, the only DQ200 sold so far is in the Jetta hybrid.... safe to assume it doesn't affect him.

Back to the question at hand. If cost is no issue.. then get the OE DSG Fluid, G052182A2

if one wants to save slight amount of money, Pentosin FFL-2

Pentosin FFL-2 is the factory fill & service fluid, but FFL-3 and FFL-4 are compatible. There are alternatives such as Castrol Transmax Dual and Motul Multi DCTF.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Given the OP is in Canada, and as AFAIK, the only DQ200 sold so far is in the Jetta hybrid.... safe to assume it doesn't affect him.

Sorry guys... jumped the gun on this one.
smile.gif

I have Ravenol in my Ralliart, but I don't know how well that would work in a VW. The current Ravenol is fully synthetic, but previous generations were not fully synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back