VW Atlas 4 cyl using oil

The majority of VWs sold here are not German made... TN. And Mexico etc.

Currently only the Arteon was that I know of and it has been discontinued. My engine was made in Hungary..
VW also has parts made world-wide and then shipped to the assembly plant for final assembly

If i can butt in through this brands-war manifestation.... OP, how many miles on the Atlas? I seriously doubt this is a piston ring issue on a 2022. And now that it's consuming and documented, i would not change the viscosity of the oil. That will only serve to complicate matters and invite ignorant questions from someone at the dealership that will claim "he's not using the correct oil".

Can be a bad PCV. Does the 2022 2.0 call for VW508 00 0W20 or VW504 00 xW30? 240 oil temp is just fine....I can get north of that just driving in the mountains in my Sportwagen.

I can get the Tiguan up to 220F Oil Temp but coolant stays solid at 194F no matter what. I have to be speed racing a lot though as it's only pushing 180hp so it's not really stressing the engine other than high rpms.
The 194 is a "dummy gauge" number...if you actually log it and tap into the correct PID in teh ECU, it will be over 200 and fluctuate around but you see that 194 number...it will only move if you really get it hot/over ~230+.

Same engine in my Tiguan albeit smaller turbo & less power which uses nothing over 10k miles. Something is wrong with engine but I hope she has been using 91 or better since it is required.

The fact that the oil light came on and you've been to dealer to document should help your case with VWoA. Don't let up.
That is incorrect - 91 is not required on the gen3 EA888 turbo 4s....87 is the min. It says 91 RON on the gas cap as well but that is just the equivalent in a different octane unit.

If i can butt in through this brands-war manifestation.... OP, how many miles on the Atlas? I seriously doubt this is a piston ring issue on a 2022. And now that it's consuming and documented, i would not change the viscosity of the oil. That will only serve to complicate matters and invite ignorant questions from someone at the dealership that will claim "he's not using the correct oil".
20k about 2 pages back it was posted.

Sounds very typical of german engine's. Get the engine replaced under warranty.
Ever since volvo and vw went to super low tension piston rings, and ultra thin drainage gaps, reliability got even worse than it was.

Dealer will say its pcv system. They will replace it a few times, and then the engine will finally blow. Seen it happen to several friends who thought vw/volvo/merc/german brands except porsche are reliable (I really want to laugh but at this point I can only cry and sympathize as you watch your 20-40k car value drop to zero).

This happened to my boss just last year during peak car prices. Dealer kept saying they "fixed it" and that it was "this or that" and he kept topping up the oil 1qt ever 1000 until the engine was burning the entire sump in 1000. I told him this is bad and he didn't listen, trusting the dealer like every normie who never pops their hood.

What is worse, he bought a 110k mile lexus for 35 grand after his engine blew. Brilliant.
4 VWs in my driveway, not one uses any oil at all. One is over 2x stock power at this point and tracked. 2 are 20+ years old...I mean even my W8 which is one of the most notoriously unreliable VWs ever uses zero. VW certainly doesn't win any reliability awards but your comments are pure comedy. I may be a VW fan boi but oil consumption is just not a thing on any of mine.

Wait...is this singular9....didn't you get banned? How did you get back in here?

Premium is recommended for the Arteon . It says so on the fuel door and manual. Says 95 RON or 91 octane.
It's running the IS38 so basically Golf R...forgot about those. Here on the Atlas it's just 87.

No it's not...stop.

No not even close and let's talk about diesel gate and how GM & Honda did the exact same thing previously.

Critical Federally mandated safety device

Another safety issue

Indicative of Toyota's frame issues, rust by back!

The fact that you can't see your obvious brand bias means one of two things, trolling intentionally or willfully ignorant. Also to make your own point Odessey & Accord owners who are primarily purchased by families' had to worry their transmission would explode at any given moment for a long time or the oiling issues from cylinder deactivation. All they wanted to do was drive home from the beach, shame.

We're taking about engine reliability not back up cameras lol

And you say I'm biased? You are bringing up irrelevant information.

The 194 is a "dummy gauge" number...if you actually log it and tap into the correct PID in teh ECU, it will be over 200 and fluctuate around but you see that 194 number...it will only move if you really get it hot/over ~230+.
Even on the infotainment? Now I'll have to break out the VCDS to see the real numbers.

We're taking about engine reliability not back up cameras lol

And you say I'm biased? You are bringing up irrelevant information.
Or the frame rust of the lack of a seat belt latching. Engine is irrelevant when you're dead.

You stated no to little recalls and lost that argument and conveniently ignored the rebut to your dieselgate issue as well.

You came in here with an agenda and it failed, carry on.

That is incorrect - 91 is not required on the gen3 EA888 turbo 4s....87 is the min. It says 91 RON on the gas cap as well but that is just the equivalent in a different octane unit.
I thought with the increased power output & bigger turbo it was needed on the bigger Atlas era the Audi Q5's i've driven. My mistake.

United Nations Article 19
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
On message boards, the moderators control the speech; Freedom of speech is the freedom to make the message board. (United Nations, huh! Not even 1A.. ok..)

getting trolled here... must... not... respond...

And, since we are at it.. Subarus are better than Hondas. Sure, why not. /end

Now.... did OP's VW engine follow the break-in procedure?

Back