VOA - Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30

Is this a product this M1 ESP that I could run in my 2017 Honda Accord 2.4 with direct injection? Are there any pros or cons to using this over a regular 0w30 or 5W30? Any advice that all help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Is this a product this M1 ESP that I could run in my 2017 Honda Accord 2.4 with direct injection? Are there any pros or cons to using this over a regular 0w30 or 5W30? Any advice that all help would be greatly appreciated thank you
Yes it will be great. I use it in my 2018 accord. It’s better than the AFE 0w30 and Vanilla 5w30. ESP is ACEA C3 rated and Carries the following manufacturer specs

MB-Approval 229.31
MB 229.51
MB 229.52
PORSCHE C30
VW 504 00
VW 507 00

It’s essentially a diesel oil, based on the certifications. I poured some into my in-laws ML320 CDI Diesel Benz last week because it met the specifications.

It will work in the Accord but I don’t see how it will benefit your engine. It doesn’t produce loads in Soot during normal operation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s essentially a diesel oil, based on the certifications. I poured some into my in-laws ML320 CDI Diesel Benz last week because it met the specifications.

It will work in the Accord but I don’t see how it will benefit your engine. It doesn’t produce loads in Soot during normal operation. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s not just for diesel since it’s VW 504 as well. direct injected engines do produce soot His 2.4 liter is a direct injected engine and the 1.5t in my accord is also direct injected turbo. That oil helps with the fuel shearing the oil as well.

It’s not just for diesel since it’s VW 504 as well. direct injected engines do produce soot His 2.4 liter is a direct injected engine and the 1.5t in my accord is also direct injected turbo. That oil helps with the fuel shearing the oil as well.
Yeah - D’paint has run it in his Jeep gasser for a long time …
I recall a period where there was much debate (even Shell jumped in) about HDEO’s in gassers and cat concerns … but seems logical that an ESP lube is a bit milder in that regard …

Some base oils (particularly group IV PAO) have difficulty dissolving additives in solution. Group V base oils like ANs and esters have low aniline points and high solvency which, when added to a non-polar base oil, improves the ability of the base oil blend to dissolve additives into solution and keep them in solution. In much the same way, they can dissolve carbon deposits, sludge, and varnish into solution as well, thus improving the oil's ability to clean inside the engine. They also have a positive effect on the oil's volatility, and improve the oil's shear and thermal stability at high heat. A downside is they can hurt low temperature pumpability as they tend to have low viscosity indexes of 80-100. They can also interfere with anti-wear performance if the concentration is too high.

HPL's oils contain both AN and ester. They clean better than M1 ESP and likely less volatile. Aside from the base oil, HPL employs much more top treatment with moly-based additives for better friction reduction and oxidation resistance, a higher amount of overbased detergents, and much higher starting TBN nearly double that of the M1 ESP.
Holy ****...
Well put together and very informative post.

Back