Virgin Auto-RX run.....is SL-rated oil okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for yet another autorx question, but I did place an order for 5 bottles a few days ago, and figure I have paid my dues and get to ask at least one dumb question about it. lol

Anyways, I have 3 oil changes worth of Formula Shell(clean engine formula) 10w30 in my modest stash, and was wondering if it was a good candidate for the arx run.

I have heard that you want a plain jane dino with a modest additive pack, but then I figure the stronger the detergent/additive pack, the more cleaning I should get.

Keep in mind, I have absolutely zero problems with going out and buying an oil that is considered "better" for the arx. I want to do whatever it takes to take full advatage of the arx.

Would it be better to go with an SM rated oil for my upcoming arx run? Thanks in advance.

Formula Shell is fine. It's what I've been using in my clean and rinse phase. Discounted at Costco. It's a pretty basic dino oil. A couple of UOA showed that it does surprisingly well. The additive package is not too robust as to interfere with AutoRx. Frank has used AutoRx with CastrolGTX

Did you guys notice *any* gains in gas mileage after your AutoRX treatment ??
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back