Very Good Article about the GDI Issues and Oil

I find myself adding a couple gallons of e0 91 to the tank during this hot times here in my area.
When I know a heat wave is coming I add 1/2 premium to 1/2 tank of regular for better engine response.
I won't be doing that this summer with $5 regular.
you'll never know if your engine is happy with 87
When I said "happy" I meant the manufacturer says 87 is okay and no concern of engine damage.

very interesting especially the great engine builders vid!! big manufacturers throw a lot of marketing BS out, BUT as noted the early buyers of any new tech are the real testers in real world driving!! i am 74 YO + healthy BUT will prolly never own a DI vehicle + surely NO electric ones as my 2001 TT + 2011 fronty are around 50 thou each + should last a retired person that aks0 has 3 motorcycles!!

I find myself adding a couple gallons of e0 91 to the tank during this hot times here in my area. Micro dosing with the Redline Si-1, and doing quick GDi CRC cleaning every 10k. Just did a Wichita and back home to Admire KS today doing 79mph on probably 88+ octane and scored 37mpg on the turnpike. I can honestly say that I feel a better running car when I get the octane slightly higher than 87.
Completly agree on the octane front.

When I know a heat wave is coming I add 1/2 premium to 1/2 tank of regular for better engine response.
I won't be doing that this summer with $5 regular.

When I said "happy" I meant the manufacturer says 87 is okay and no concern of engine damage.
For the first time ever, our new Carnival says the engine requires 87 octane but RECOMMENDEDS 91 octane.

The engine is a 12.3:1 comp ratio....so the 91 makes a lot of sense......

I prefer the feel of 91 to 87.
I don't track mpgs other than what the ecu says, I just prefer the way the engine operates on 91.

Back