Verify integrity of quick connect hose attachment

Once installed the white piece is supposed to stay behind on the heater core. It spreads to slip over a metal lip but then won't come off unless you spread each ear (I used two right angle picks)

I can still send you this and a second if you want to toy around with the white retainer.

Really -- and, obviously -- the question is which is not happy in your setup? The black windows or the white ears that engage them? Honestly I'd guess the latter as that's technically a moving part that needs to "spring" open a bit to stay engaged. The black windows just exist.

er, edit to actually attach a photo!
20230829_191543.jpg

the only reason for this doomed to fail part is it speeds up the assembly line. had mine fail on my silverado
I'm torn. I like the newer generation of "click together" hoses. They're easier to work with and typically o-rings can be replaced-- although OEMs will usually be NO help in telling what o-ring you would need, telling you to buy a complete, expensive hose assy instead.

However from a field-serviceable McGuyver perspective, a rubber hose slid over a nipple and retained with whatever (worm clamp, spring clamp, wire wrap, zip tie, string tourniquet) is better to limp it home.

I've been stranded too many times because of quick connect hoses. I delete them when possible

Back