Verification of Mobil1 . Quick test??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always made fun of Royal Purple for their "silly" purple dye, but it comes in handy when verifying oil put in! Yet quick lube shops don't have it (rare).

Another is the Castrol Edge Professional full synthetic that has a UV-light visible dye in it, to check for leaks, but also identifies it effectively.

We should all right letters to the oil company asking for UV-dye or a color to identify their synthetic premium stuff.

... or DIY...

Mobil 1 is so cheap at Walmart these days I wouldn't even bother trying to do more than 3k OCI on an unidentified oil. Just take it out to 3k, drain it and Add Mobil 1 and new filter. Also I wouldn't bother with that new 1 year version. Just stick with regular M1 or extended if you plan on taking it out to 15k still. With a 150k engine I wouldn't go past 10k imo.

Do you get paid for these endless Mobil 1 comments? - I seem to be the only one sound testing and M1 has been quieter than the "darling " PUP in two completely different engines. The only test now quieter than M1 - was Delvac in a 40 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back